584,812 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    Hi again,

ArtCAM Pro is a great 3D relief modelling and machining package, but it has a pretty high price tag - $7.5k + Training and Support costs.

Tony

Arrggg...was just about to go look at it again....but at 7.5k....emmm...nope!

...you didn't by any chance mean '.75'k...as in $750....worth asking....

Afraid not - it's $7,500 + $1,200 annual maintenance + a least a weeks training expenses. So gets up to around $10k. But it really is the best at what it does, so long as you have the type of work that can make return on this level of investment!

I think the VS3D package is around $2,500 but not 100% sure.

Tony

Good looking doors Tony. I can hardly wait for VCarve 3 to be released.

Jason

Heres the type of doors i make,Tony. I'm eventually gouing to try carving the panels for them with your software, there just isnt enough time in the day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ArchedDoor01.JPG   CedarDoor01.JPG   LouveredDoor01.JPG  
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi Halfnutz,

The solid wood doors look perfect for adding carved decoration.

A new feature coming in VCarve Wizard 3 that I'm sure will be useful to you for adding unique designs to your doors. Is the ability to quickly and easily carve Random 3D Textures using Ball nose and V-Bit cutters.

Most 3D textures that are modelled in CAD systems have to be machined using Raster based cutting strategies with small cutters, that then take an age to machine. The new technique in VCarve 3.0 cuts great textures much quicker and with unique random patterns.

Here are some test pieces carved using the new functionality on a CNC Router running Mach3.

I hope this might be of interest,

Tony

Awesome! The time required to do 3D carving really surprised me. I didn't realize how long it took untill I got the VCarve 3D Machinist software. V carveing is nice because you can create the effect of reliefe carving with minimal machining time. I would like to learn more about how the designs are created. I imagine you somehow use line width to determine cut depth? Is this described somewhere in the documentation?
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

It's really very simple and interface has options for,

Cutter geometry / Diameter / Angle
    Maximum cut depth
    Maximum cut length
    Stepover
    Angle
    Each option also has a randomness range slider that is used to control the random spacing etc. to create unique results. The paramters for any specific texture can also be saved and re-used at any time.

Very quick and easy to use and the 3D Preview shows the exact results the toolpath will produce. The Textured region can also be limited inside a selected boundary.

When the software is released there will be both a video tutorial and associated documentation.

Carved with Ball nose
    Carved with a V-Bit

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kmed View Post
    Jennifer. I missed this post the other day. Are you running the Fagor controller, or one of the AB 9200 or 8400? I would give Mike or Patrick a call to make sure your control has the ability to ad another spindle (probably does).
    Regarding the columbo did you get the new one with the tool changer? We had some problems with our tool changin columbo, which turned out the be having the wrong pull studs on the machine, and it would not always register having the tool in the holder. The HSD on the other machine never had a problem besides the cooling fan going out every so often.
    I'm running the Fagor controller.
    Do you have a phone number for Mike or Patrick?
    I haven't heard about anyone else having that problem with the Columbo and what made me sign on this morning was to do a search for just that - and I was looking for replacement tool holders...my operator wasn't watching when the tool did a mad pass at the tool stands and took out a couple...*sigh*
    Was there a relatively simple fix with your Columbo?

Thanks.
    Jen

We use a Tekcel 8x4 Auto tool change with vacum hold down, profilelab 3d and Door wizard to auto generate door toolpaths from stored patterns, works very well, we manufacture for vinyl wrapping in australia

AlphaDoor

hi we use a programs made by alphacam called advanced router, but it has a sister program called alphadoor, this program will plan all aspects of your doors, we also use a 90 degree cutter call the universal 'K' to put locks and fire strip into the doors. i think the website for information is www.planit.com

Jen, have you contacted Precision Drive Systems/Carolina Electric about the spindle? The sell and service Colombo spindles. 704-922-5261.

We have an SCM record originally bought for lock and hinge cutouts but also use it to manufacture components. Its cust every shaped head we use and also has been used for boring stiles for M&T and cutting the tennon on the rails drop me an email if u want details.

I use both a Procam and Flexicam router running the new DoorCompanion software and Enroute ATP. It allows me to create parametric doors from scratch and comes with a library of about 50 doors. Altogether something like $2000.00 for the software.

Gareth

Dear Sir,
    I am very new to CNC Router machine - I purchased a CNC Router wood working machine. My main work is Solid wooden door designing.
    want to have 3D indian Door designs which can support ArtCAM pro 7.
    If any one can share please contact
    my email is : [email protected]

Do you mean designs for carvings in doors?

I program cnc's to machine parametric doors (Entry/exit doors not cupboard doors). We have hundreds of door designs, traditional and modern. I have had to write my own software to generate the cnc programs automatically because doing them all manually would take forever. It's not just the design you have to program it's also all the different types of hardware and fittings too. I will put on some pictures when I get around to it if anyone is interested.

hi,we make cnc engraver which used to make doors,and our software engineer is experienced,we'd like to help if you have any question .

Page 3 of 3 123