585,754 active members*
3,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: tc22

tc22

I am looking for a z axis (Parvex)drive for my torq-cut 22
    Seems I have a bad drive.
    I was getting a z axis drive overcurrent fault so I swapped it out with a non Parvex drive and the z axis will now move but pretty slow and finally will fault out.
    When i reset my drives the axis no longer falls but after about 10 sec the drive faults out
    I am assuming this is because this drive doesnt have the current to run the larger motor.The drive on the mill is a 31944088 i swapped in a31944408
    (not a type error)

Did you ever fix this problem? I am experiencing same. If so, what did you end up doing if you don't mind me asking.

Seems these machines run through the same problems.
    Harddrive,motherboard,5 volt to encoders or drive problems ,drives not as often.
    Could almost start a checklist what to look out for or do before a problem occurs.
    I couldnt put a price tag on the help i have gotten on here from Machinetek (George) and others.
    I have learned so much from them working on my TC-22 .
    Anyone with one of these DX32 mills should back up there harddrive now while it is running before a problem comes about.
    They should fuse the 5 volts from the BMDC to the AXBOB before a short takes out the 5 volt supply on the BMDC.
    Emi sells an updated AXBOB for $200 but could easily be done by an owner.(In my opinion)
    I would keep an eye out for a replacement motherboard while they can still be found.
    Should keep oils checked including the air/mist unit on a machine with the 2 speed transmission
    These are great little machines and with some care will last along time.
    I often think that if Bridgeport was still in business what would they be building now,was some great iron made in the USA and if guys like George was any indication of the terrific employees they had must of been a great place to work.l