586,009 active members*
4,809 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Buying a chinese laser cutter

I'm looking for a laser cutter to set up a small business, came across Temei, a chinese brand. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.

I'm quite hesitant on buying a chinese machine but would be keen if I find the right value for money balance.

Anybody could recommend an affordable reliable brand?

Many thanks.

Just purchased from XYZ-Tech, they were and have been very attentive to questions, shipped on time, steel tube reinforced top and bottom shipping crate, can't speak to the reliability as yet, just got it and it is not even inside as yet. It is well assembled with clean wiring.

The leveling pads were damaged in shipment and they immediately shipped replacements.

My sales lady was iris [at] xyz-tech.com no spaces insert @

suggest you consider after-sales service besides price... lots of Chinese laser machines manufacturers in the market, however small company's hardware, software, after-sales maintenance, upgrade etc can not compete with big ones. I work in Golden Laser, one of the three listed manufacturers in China, we mainly provide medium and small power laser solutions for customers world wide. You can contact me by mail or instant chat, i would love to provide more informations to you.

many thanks for your answer ken. good to know that assembly is clean and solid. we're aware of the bad handling during shipment, but i guess it is a just a matter of luck.. i'd be very grateful if u let me know how the first test runs go. i'm thinking of buying very soon. i found a couple of reviews on xyz and they seemed ok so it is now on my list. which modeld did you get? i'm thinking on exlas 1280.

ellalaser, i checked golden laser's website, the laser cutter published exceeds our needs. do you have anything smaller?

I purchased the EXLAS 1410, just about chose the 1280 but wanted the extra margin of laser operating distance.
    One very good thing about the 1280 is you can remove the base, tilt it on edge and it will fit through a man door, the 1410 you cannot. This has been a cause of delay since where I want to put it there is no door large enough and the front of the building will have to be cut open then covered again. It is not an entire loss as I needed and wanted to replace the entrance door anyway.

In what ever watt tube or laser manufacturer you decide I would opt for the RECI laser tube, from what I have read they last much longer and the actual cost per hour is much less.
    Also be sure and ask for the latest Leetro MPC6535 motion controller.

My plan is to have it inside by next Tuesday and a few days to set it up and give it a test.

Ken

ellalaser, i checked golden laser's website, the laser cutter published exceeds our needs. do you have anything smaller?
    ----
    may i know what materials you want to cut? how many watt you intent to buy? estimate working area?
    my company develop&sell full set of laser machines(machine, optional equipment, softwares), not only sell, but also provide most suitable laser processing solutions for customers. if you are interested in, kindly provide above informations to me, i can see if we get proper models to you.

Have a look at HPC Laser here in the UK - the 3020 is a good bit of kit to start with but they also do larger machines and have a good support forum.

Cheers

Dave

Hello forum, i am writting from Venezuela, we got our machine from Wuhan Gn laser company ¸ßÄܼ¤¹â

We have the 120 x 90 100 watts machine, and we are really happy with the support, the work quality and workmanship of the machine...

The only thing i have done to the machine is to clean the mirrors, the lens and we added limit switches to the x and y axis........

Hello forum, i am writting from Venezuela, we got our machine from Wuhan Gn laser company ¸ßÄܼ¤¹â

We have the 120 x 90 100 watts machine, and we are really happy with the support, the work quality and workmanship of the machine...

The only thing i have done to the machine is to clean the mirrors, the lens and we added limit switches to the x and y axis........

hi all

we received our exlas 1280 in good condition. everything has been working smoothly for a couple of months... very happy with it... highly recommended!

d

Quote Originally Posted by diegope View Post
    hi all

we received our exlas 1280 in good condition. everything has been working smoothly for a couple of months... very happy with it... highly recommended!

d
    Diwgope,
    Glad to know you get your good condition 1280,hope it also work better and if any install or other technical problem,please feel free to contact us

Best Wishes
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]
    laser engraving machine?laser cutting machine?cutting plotter at G.WeiKe

just to touch base and let you guys know the state of our chinese laser cutter: after one year of steady use for all kinds of materials and jobs (we have one of the very few -if not the only one- digital prototyping business down in colombia Corte y Grabado Laser, fabricacion de prototipos rapidos en impresora 3d )..... the machine we bought (exlas 1280) is running fine...we'll keep you posted on long term use...
    best, d

GWEIKE Laser

:cheers:
    Thank you D,
    your feedback gave us more cofidence.

Our Gweike Laser quality will be stronger and better day by day.

regards,
    JENNY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LC1390S laser cutting machine.jpg   lg500_039.jpg   lg6040n_816.jpg   LC1625 laser cutting machine.jpg  

lg900n.jpg   CCD  IMG0091.jpg   lg900-1.jpg   LG6040B laser engraver.jpg  

[email protected]

Thanks to praise from Diegope

Quote Originally Posted by diegope View Post
    just to touch base and let you guys know the state of our chinese laser cutter: after one year of steady use for all kinds of materials and jobs (we have one of the very few -if not the only one- digital prototyping business down in colombia Corte y Grabado Laser, fabricacion de prototipos rapidos en impresora 3d )..... the machine we bought (exlas 1280) is running fine...we'll keep you posted on long term use...
    best, d
    Hello D,
    Glad to hear that you are satisfied with our EXLAS laser,your laser is our old model X3 series, if any help please contact Iris(our sales lady who sold you the machine) or me. Thanks for your support!

XYZ Machinery

technical engineer can help you

Quote Originally Posted by aventgps View Post

Dear friend
    Plz send email to me ,I can help you!
    [email protected]
    John

Re: Buying a chinese laser cutter

hello everyone , it's happy here many country customer buy china laser .i am also an laser machne sell , if there is any need , will give the high quality and best price machine to you .
    skyp: salyyang85

i agree with this point of when choose a machine not only conern the price , quality is the first together with the price , our company is also manufacture it , if anyone need more information ,feel free to contact me , skype: salyyang85

Endurancerobots Guest

On other forums and facebook groups (will not name them, do not want to be banned)
    we made a poll what is wrong with Chinese laser cutters ... I'll just put several opinions together:
    Most of the Chinese analogues in the market do not meet the contracted power standards and are not powerful enough to cut.

CO2 is harder to set up (laser cannot be moved – mirrors must be used- they can go out of alignment);
    CO2 cannot be carried around (see the problem above);
    CO2 requires buying CO2 continually, as there is always some leakage;
    CO2 requires compressed air for cooling;
    CO2 is subject to export restrictions in most countries;
    CO2 is very delicate (lots of glass apparatus) and may be damaged during shipping.

That is why we think that diode lasers, like Endurance L-Cheapo are more practical in this case...

are you still happy with the machine? What model of CO2 laser you've bought and do you have images of the machine's cuttent condition? Thanks in advance.

endurance_robots Guest
    after that you may try 3.5W or 5.6W diode laser on your engraving machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsqPBhB_acE

Page 1 of 2 12