585,752 active members*
4,121 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Problems With Charmilles SH2CNC EDM Drill

We recentley purchased a used SH2CNC Hole Popper,the machine came from a race team,and had been stored for 3yrs.On first inspection it looked very clean and complete.After wiring it in and powering up for the first time we encountered a problem....first of all the X and Y axis would not move.....which we traced to a bad power supply to the servopac...Now when we power up the machine although the axis move,it will not reference any of the axis(it is supposed to send Z-X-Y home automatically on start up).We have had a Ex charmilles service technician over twice,and he still could not get it to run......charmilles say they no longer support this machine as it is too old 1994....The machine is actually made By Sodick and is exactly the same as a K1CN,just rebadged.......we are now stuck as we dont know where to go from here.....If anyone has any experience on this machine,it would be great to hear from you.....

i've worked on many SH2's and i don't recall the machine automatically homing on power up, thats just not part of the Sodick boot sequence......
    i should be able to help you.
    PM me for contact info

michael
    Registered Linux User #348337
    EMC2 Rocks!!!!

Hi michael thanks for yor reply....we have taken the CPU board out and sent it away for valuation.....When i said the machine does not zero out on start up what I meant to say is that on the start up page you are asked to reference all axis Y/N....when you hit Y its skips the referencing sequence and goes straight to the MDI page or ACP page.....
    It referenced out for me once,and the readout was showing figures for the x,y and Z axis,and when you moved the axis manualy the readout would change.But that happened just the once,everyother time the readout reads 0.000 for all the axis......I cannot get it to perform any functions in direct mode Ie,G,M,T codes....all i get is a retry alarm...Hope this makes some sense........My e-mail is [email protected] ......if you could forward some contact details to me that would be great....
    Many thanks.
    Daniel

you may want to reload to software. If the batterys are dead it could have lost some of the parameters.

Hi we are pretty sure the 8volt battery on the CPU board has died,How do we go about Reloading the parameters on that board....Any help and advice would be great....