584,860 active members*
5,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

jgro router modeled in Catia

For anyone interested, I've built the jgro router (see http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6054 ) in Catia.

Had to use 2 files due to file size.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sporqster,

What is Catia?

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by acondit
    Sporqster,

What is Catia?

Alan

Popular modeling software. Similar to Pro/E, Solidworks, etc. This was done in V5R13. I think newer versions of Catia (possibly other modeling softwares?) are downwardly compatible with the file format.

Hi,

Before download it I have a question: Your model is in inches or mm?

Thank you,

Zoltan

Quote Originally Posted by zoltan
    Hi,

Before download it I have a question: Your model is in inches or mm?

Thank you,

Zoltan
    inches - but I think you can change it to mm easily in CATIA - actually it may automatically come up in mm if that is your default setting in Catia.

Awesome !

Sporqster,

You have created some great work there. I can confirm the model loads fine in V5R15.

Also when looking at a part it looks like it is converting to mm as this is my setup. Brilliant !

I use Catia also at work. It's a shame the price of it put's it out of most people's price bracket. It really is a stunning package.

Many thanks for sharing this. This may spur my friend on this winter to start his cnc.

I don't envy you putting this together. Thats one impressive list of constraints !

(A weird thing is I couldn't get them all to hide so the screen shots are showing some......)

Brilliant work. Thanks !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jgro1.jpg   jgro2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by santiniuk
    (A weird thing is I couldn't get them all to hide so the screen shots are showing some......)

Brilliant work. Thanks !
    thanks

Here's a trick for hiding or showing constraints- hit CTRL-F - brings up the search screen. search for: Constraints
    hit the select button, and then right click on any one of the selected constraints and select "hide". It'll hide all of them including the ones in subassy's.

I think I've got a macro that'll do that too... what did I do with it?!?

Would one of you be willing to export the catia artwork to either STEP or IGES? That way others (like myslef) can import them to solidworks, inventor, ect....

Thanks,
    -Rocko

I think jgro's router has already been done in solidworks. it's on the site here somewhere. Aah.. here it is.. it's a huge upload tho...

I found the SW files doing a search....thanks.

-Rocko

I know that Solidworks can export the files out in a stand alone exe file, that allows any user to view them, without having to own or install solidwoks. Can Catia do the same? I would be interested in seeing the difference ( if any ) between a Catia drawing and a Solidworks drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by ynneb
    I know that Solidworks can export the files out in a stand alone exe file, that allows any user to view them, without having to own or install solidwoks. Can Catia do the same? I would be interested in seeing the difference ( if any ) between a Catia drawing and a Solidworks drawing.
    It may, or it may with extensions I don't have, but I've not figured out how to make it work. Wish I could- that would be a really cool feature!

Quote Originally Posted by Sporqster
    thanks

Here's a trick for hiding or showing constraints- hit CTRL-F - brings up the search screen. search for: Constraints
    hit the select button, and then right click on any one of the selected constraints and select "hide". It'll hide all of them including the ones in subassy's.

I think I've got a macro that'll do that too... what did I do with it?!?

Very useful tip. Thanks for that one. If you come across the macro It would be ideal.

I don't have the feature to export as an .exe however I have exported as a vrml file that is quite useful. I suspect it may require a decent spec machine to view it and manipulate.

A VRML plugin is available here :-

http://www.parallelgraphics.com/products/cortona/

Hopefully the Catia export should be attached.

Cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files