584,817 active members*
4,658 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Toyoda > ALARM OT007 +OVERTRAVEL HARD

ALARM OT007 +OVERTRAVEL HARD

Hi Memoryman
    I'm a machine Toyoda FH50 15MA. Alarm OT007 +overtravel hard. I check all switch and cable is ok. I'm position home is alarm. I don't now repair. Can you help me?

Thanks

Look in the diagnostic inputs (Xxxx.x X=Inputs) for the axis OT, if all axis show OT, then you have a 24vdc missing or I/O fuse.
    http://www.kfasllc.com/F10_11_alarm.htm
    The OT are active low, so if the dc power to the switch is missing it will show OT.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hi Memoryman.
    I'm move a machine go to place. I'm go to position home of machine is Alarm OT007 Z +overtravel hard. I'm check diagnostic input is ok. Can you help me?

Thanks

Sounds like it may be missing the home switch dog and traveling past to the OT sw.
    Try hitting the home LS before it reaches the home position dog, to find out if it will actually home.
    If it slows down but keeps on going then it could be the encoder marker missing.
    Another scenario is due to the distance the marker is away, in looking for it, it hits the OT.
    The first test should confirm it.
    Al.

Albert E.

Toyoda FH50 15MA

Check Pre Interlock Signals in ladder It may be a Interlock between axis , Check Step by step in Ladder Whether its a real hard OT or a Interlock in axis. If its a real Hard OT , you please Check 24 V Wiring From Feed back of Controller to Limit Switch End. Keep pateinece and Work in a result oriented way , Feel yourself Comfort and Confident search you will solve the problem Easy. If the problem Persist Please revert me on [email protected] , I will happy to help you.
    regards
    Prabhat Mishra

Hi
    I move the machine and place it in another position, so it alarm OT007 Z +overtravel hard
    I'm check the +24 in Limit SW ok
    I'm check diagnostic input is ok
    I run machine the home position untill it touch Limit SW soft
    is slows down but it still continue move untill touch Limit SW hard is alarm OT007 Z +overtravel hard
    Can you help me how to repair?

Thanks.

It appears your marker pulse is missing from the encoder.
    This could be due to either encoder problem or open on the encoder cable.
    Al.

Albert E.

Dear Mr Khoa tran,
    Try to rotate the axis manually and see the count is coming on Screen or not. If the Count is coming than there is a only about 10% chance for the failure of The Encoder or Encoder feed back cable , Later The marker pulse will generate the SW limit Alarm not a hardware limit Alarm Because the Hard OT Alarm comes from the PMC System side. Its a physical Field Alarm , DEAR FRIEND KHOA TRAN,
    PLEASE CHECK THE LIMIT SWITCH OF THE OTHER END [OT 007 +OVERTRAVEL (HARD) THE STROKE LIMIT SWITCH LOCATED AT THE POSITIVE SIDE WAS TURNED ON].I MEAN + SIDE OF AXIS, Also cable and 24 v supply on other side Limit sw.
    HOPE YOU CAN RUN THE MACHINE NOW.
    REGARDS
    PRABHAT MISHRA
    +91-9430737981

Turning the encoder may not show on the screen as these systems display the anticipated/commanded position, not the feedback position.
    If the marker only is missing, the axis will continue until the O.T. LS is reached.
    Al.

Albert E.

KHOATRANNGOC,

Home switch problem or a + ovettravel problem? I didn't see a reply to Al question about the home switch. Is it working? Just to be clear is the + overtravel switch near the home switch or is it on the opposite side of the axis? Does the control ever see the home switch being made? I would do as Al suggests. Move the X axis to the center of the axis. Tell it to home out. Make ( actuate ) the home switch. Maintain the switch so it stays active. If and when the control see the home switch being made it should try to complete the homing sequence out. It should not travel more than an inch/ 50 millimeter. If does not try to do fiinish the homing sequence then look at the home switch and associated wiring. If it does finish the homing sequence out then look at the + OT switch and it wiring. PLEASE note by manipulating the home switch you may have change where the machine thinks where it is. After fixing or running the machine make sure the the machine is properly referenced out. Also be very careful when you are playing with the home switch and have the axis moving. It can be dangerous. Don't try it if you don't feel comfortable doing and understand what we are asking you to do. FanFan

Dear all
    Alarm the encoder cable problem. Now I run the machine go to the home ok.
    Thanks.

Re: ALARM OT007 +OVERTRAVEL HARD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KHOATRANNGOC View Post
    Dear all
    Alarm the encoder cable problem. Now I run the machine go to the home ok.
    Thanks.
    Can I know your phone number