584,837 active members*
5,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hand/Biax Scraping class in Colorado

Not sure if this is the best forum for this, apologies in advance if not.

Richard King has offered to do a class in scraping that I will host in my home shop just north of Colorado Springs if anyone is interested.

Quote from Richard - "I will teach, hand and Biax power scraping of cast iron and Turcite ways, 1/2 moon oil flaking, each student can bring a "project" to scrape on. Many bring straight-edges, lathe compounds, etc."

I'm not affiliated with his company in any way, I'm just playing host for the class so anyone interested should contact him directly with questions. Richard's contact info is:

Richard King
    King-Way Scraping Consultants
    10855 68th Street South
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota (MN) USA 55016
    651 338-8141
    handscraping.com
    [email protected] or [email protected]

The class will be 3 long days over a weekend, and is targeted for end of September if enough people sign up, we need 6-8 people. The exact cost will depend on how many attend. I'll shot Richard a link to this post so he can elaborate.

How did the class go? Sorry I missed it! Got any photos up anywhere?
    It's a long shot, but please let me know if you hear about any other classes within driving distance of Colorado.
    Thanks!
    - Steven Ciciora

Quote Originally Posted by frontrange View Post
    Not sure if this is the best forum for this, apologies in advance if not.

Richard King has offered to do a class in scraping that I will host in my home shop just north of Colorado Springs if anyone is interested.

Quote from Richard - "I will teach, hand and Biax power scraping of cast iron and Turcite ways, 1/2 moon oil flaking, each student can bring a "project" to scrape on. Many bring straight-edges, lathe compounds, etc."

I'm not affiliated with his company in any way, I'm just playing host for the class so anyone interested should contact him directly with questions. Richard's contact info is:

Richard King
    King-Way Scraping Consultants
    10855 68th Street South
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota (MN) USA 55016
    651 338-8141
    handscraping.com
    [email protected] or [email protected]

The class will be 3 long days over a weekend, and is targeted for end of September if enough people sign up, we need 6-8 people. The exact cost will depend on how many attend. I'll shot Richard a link to this post so he can elaborate.

It didn't happen because we didn't have people sign up. It would take another 5-6 people to sign up and then we could schedule another date.

How much per person? How many possible students to you have lined up, and how many total do you need? I can see about pressuring :-) some friends to take it with me...

- Steven Ciciora

Quote Originally Posted by frontrange View Post
    It didn't happen because we didn't have people sign up. It would take another 5-6 people to sign up and then we could schedule another date.

If it's 6 more people it's $800 each. For 8 more people it drops to $600 each.