584,858 active members*
4,528 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Casting Metals > How to Select CNC Machining Tolerances

Post How to Select CNC Machining Tolerances

As a CNC machinist, I know that selecting tolerances can be a complex task, especially when you have complex requirements. In this article, I will share my experience and knowledge to help you select the right <a href="https://www.tikprecision.com/">CNC machining china</a> tolerances for your project. By following these steps, you can ensure that your parts meet the necessary requirements without overspending on manufacturing costs.
    https://www.tikprecision.com/
    Getting the Right Information Prior to Tolerancing
    Before selecting tolerances, it’s essential to gather the necessary information about the part and its function. Here are a few steps to help you get started:

Determine the function of each geometric feature
    The first step is to identify the function of each geometric feature. For example, if you’re machining a part for a car engine, you need to determine the function of each feature, such as the cylinder bore, valve seat, and oil passages. Understanding the function of each feature is crucial to ensure that the part performs optimally.

Determine the most important function of the part
    Once you have identified the function of each feature, you need to determine the most important function of the part. For example, if you’re machining a part for a car engine, the most important function is likely to be the cylinder bore. Understanding the most important function of the part is critical to ensure that the tolerances are appropriate for the application.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Equipment-1.jpg  

Re: How to Select CNC Machining Tolerances

the best cnc machining

Re: How to Select CNC Machining Tolerances

Quote Originally Posted by Tikprecision View Post
    As a CNC machinist, I know that selecting tolerances can be a complex task
    You're lucky to have the freedom to do that as a 'CNC machinist', whatever that means. Presumably you meant "Machine Operator" rather?

For me, if I get to override my chief engineer's tolerancing requirement I end up as a French Fries Machine Operator at the nearest McDonald the following day. That said, if you fancy growing your company (and online SEO skills) I'd recommend tik precision to CNC Machine/ist according to eng-customer's drawing(s). Thanks!