585,975 active members*
4,459 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

new to parametric programming

Hi All, I'm a bit new to parametric programming, and here is my problem. I use a Thermwood CNC Router to cut masons mitres into kitchen bench/counter tops, the program I use, also has the ability to cut a curved end onto island/paninsula tops, but this function is not supported yet, I have looked through the program, and there are some parts of this function, but not all of the programming is complete. I need to be able to add the rest of the programming for it to work, there is mention of a chord (ie enter chord length) as the tops vary in width, the height of the curve should always be 10% of the chord (ie, 600mm chord, 60mm curve height, and so on), the chord will always be in the Y axis, the tops will also vary in length in the X axis. Any help with this problem would be greatfuly received.

Philip M Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdownunder View Post
    Hi All, I'm a bit new to parametric programming, and here is my problem. I use a Thermwood CNC Router to cut masons mitres into kitchen bench/counter tops, the program I use, also has the ability to cut a curved end onto island/paninsula tops, but this function is not supported yet, I have looked through the program, and there are some parts of this function, but not all of the programming is complete. I need to be able to add the rest of the programming for it to work, there is mention of a chord (ie enter chord length) as the tops vary in width, the height of the curve should always be 10% of the chord (ie, 600mm chord, 60mm curve height, and so on), the chord will always be in the Y axis, the tops will also vary in length in the X axis. Any help with this problem would be greatfuly received.
    hi
    i can help you with this , i use alphacam but also parametric programs , let me know if you still need help !

cheers