585,589 active members*
2,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Post Processors for MC > Servo cnc mill to Mcam 9.1 post?

Servo cnc mill to Mcam 9.1 post?

Does anyone have a post for this machine, or even know what kind of post it takes? I've been asked to do a program for a guy with this machine. He knows nothing about it, and neither do I. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

A desktop mill...

Does he have a book on the codes (programming book)? Hopefully, someone can help out if they use Mastercam for this type of programming. Otherwise, without knowing all of the valid codes, writing a post for it could be tough.
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

serveo impact II

I have the code book and but dont undersand post editing and am in nead of the same thing it does not like r code at all it needs an I ,j or both for all G02&G03
    G00 RAPID
    G01 FEED
    G02 CW
    G03 CCW
    G21 SCALING/MIRROR IMAGE
    G40 CUTCOMP OFF
    G41 CUTCOMP LFT
    G42 CUTCOMP RT
    G70 INCH PRO
    G71 METRIC
    G90 ABSOLUTE
    G91 INCCREMENTAL
    G98 STANDERD IN POSITION DETECTOIN
    G99 CONTINOUS CONTOURING MODE
    SINGLE BLOCK ACTIVE
    G04 DWELL W/ FIN SEC
    G92 SET ZERO POINT
    G93 REFERENCE TO MACHINE ZERO
    thats all the the gG codes
    circular interp commands

y+(+j)
    |
    -x(-I)---+x(+i)
    |
    y-(-j)
    well I hope that is enough to help my email is shanonagian@yahoo .com let me kow if there is any thing else that would help i dont have a skaner rt now but i can skn you the manual if nead be friends are a good thing good luck and let me know if u get a desent post goen because i hate typin code and the genaric funuc post is almost as musch work as mdi code and a slide rule hope it helps

How is G43 handled?

I did get a book from this guy, not a real big help, tho. It doesn't list G43 as a G code that this control uses. Does it set the tool offsets just by calling the tool number? Thanks!

ya T1 is offset 1 . there is no tool changer other wise it would be t101 the t100 being the tool and the t001 the offset .
    o ya the little michine wont take "O " at the begening

MasterCAM Post Processor for Servo Impact II/ServoCNC

Were you able to locate a post processor for the Servo Impact II mill? I am in the same boat and would greatly appreciate any information you could supply on this.

Thanks!

With a bit of help thus far, I have been able to get closer to a working post. However, I need some info about changing variables in a canned cycle.
    The G81 output is: G81 Z___ R___ F___
    I need to to be G81 C___ T___ D___
    C: Clear plane (absolute)
    T: Top of hole (absolute)
    D: Depth of hole (incremental from the top of the hole)

I have searched through the generic post I am using, but don't have the knowledge to move forward. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Smile Mastercam post for Servo II

Did anyone come up with a good post for the Servo II mill? The company I work for has 3 of them and the post I use is from Mastercam v9.1. It has the same problem with the drill cycles.

copy your post into a compressed folder

and attach that zip folder to your message

We can then see what you have, and advise / or assist in modifing the post with you

in that folder show us the code you get for the various drill cycles ( G81, G73 G83 G84 etc ) as one file and in the other ammend it so it will run on the machine

in the ZIP, you should have
    -the post
    -the mcam session
    -NC file ( as posted )
    -NC file ( edited and proved )

Servo II post for Mastercam

Thanks, but I found a fix in Mastercam. By unchecking some settings I was able to have Mastercam post in long code and not use the canned cycles.
    Gets the job done.

I think I can get a copy, I'll see......

Here ya go....

The Servo Impact post for Mastercam v7 works with v8, I know.... and an updated post for Mastercam X2.....

It doesn't use R, way finnickly, uses I J K codes.....

I also have the Servo Impact post for Surfcam as well...........
    Attached Files Attached Files

Servo Post for MC9.1

We have a post for MC 9.1, been using it for about 5 years. We ended up writing it ourselves. The tricky part was getting the canned cycles to post correctly. I can't get it to work in MC X though. We did the post updater and it said it was successful but again when it comes to the drill cycles it is messing up, mill moves and tool changes are OK.

Re: Servo cnc mill to Mcam 9.1 post?

Ma