586,024 active members*
4,210 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Serie 2 Interact 4

Hi!

I bought old bridgeport milling machine with TNC 150 control. We use it with seller and everything work properly.
    Firstly it gives "POWER interupted" i reset it with CE-button. Then i press "power enable" on. This far everything works properly. Then I press "feed" on to start servos, but nothing happens. In this position there appears wierd sign like X in monitor. If I but "STOP" button sign disappears same happens if i press some limit switch. Theres allso text KEY NON-Functional.
    When I was moving machine x+ limit switch frame went broke and I get it out and fix it. Can this cause some error?
    Hopefully some one can help me with this problem.

-JN-

* will appear when machine tries to reference axes at start-up. In manual (hand) mode, you press cycle start for each axis in turn, with potentiometer (feed override) at 100%

DP

Quote Originally Posted by christinandavid View Post
    * will appear when machine tries to reference axes at start-up. In manual (hand) mode, you press cycle start for each axis in turn, with potentiometer (feed override) at 100%

DP
    Thank`s for your answer, but it not working. I allso change Z axis belt and now Z axis is about halfway down. Theres some inductive sensor top of machine and when i touch it with some metal I can active cycle start. When i pres Z- putton, it asks DATUM SET, what value should I give. I have trying different values, but nothing happens.

-JN-

Can't understand why things are breaking or needing replacing if all worked properly with seller...maybe some photos showing the position and state of the machine would help.

As I recall, the only reason for a properly working machine not to move is low lubrication oil. Fill it up and give it a few pumps. Is the seller still available to help you out?

DP

Quote Originally Posted by christinandavid View Post
    Can't understand why things are breaking or needing replacing if all worked properly with seller...maybe some photos showing the position and state of the machine would help.

As I recall, the only reason for a properly working machine not to move is low lubrication oil. Fill it up and give it a few pumps. Is the seller still available to help you out?

DP
    Thanks, some times you have to replece old parts, like belts in this situation. Now I get Z-axis belt away and move Z- axsis in upper position. Now mahcine is moving, if I firslty push little micro switch next to that inductive sensor. It`s possible that micro shiwth is moving little, when we were moving that machine. under that switch, is some kind of lock or brake what stops Z-axis, it`s effecting pulley wheel.
    Anyway, now when the machine is moving it gives position error. Y-axis drives in limit switch, I think mahcine don`t know home position.

-Jori-

bridgeport textron serie II

i have the same machine and i have the same problem,
    i buy 2 weeks ago and yesterday i try to use and when i turn on the power the monitor says "power interrupted" are not what happened ? help?

That switch shuts off the Z axis during a tool change. The paw holds the Z axis from moving down during a tool change.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)