Haven't been around in a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been doing anything..

I've been using this sander and love it... have issues with the feedbelt walking but I have found a workaround that works well, and later on, will do a permanent fix..

For now, I found that putting the crown (made from blue painters tape) on the idler shaft, gets it where it takes a while to walk all the way over (15 mins or so), and then that if I keep the feed belt 'loose' I can just push the feedbelt from the idler end (sander input), and it will slip on the power end (output), and a few pushes like this while simultaneously pushing it towards the side I want to move it to, will quickly move the belt back to the opposite end that it wants to walk to.. I do this with the feedbelt running and the drum turning so it doesn't even slow me down.... Then, when I feed material into the sander, it is then applying force the 'opposite direction' which tightens the belt and prevents slipping... It works well.. I just have to remember to wear gloves, as pushing with bear hands against the belt with the force required causes skin to be removed...

For a long term fix, I will probably machine one or more grooves into both shafts, and then have a custom conveyor belt made with matching v-rib under the belt surface, that rides in the grooves...

I have to break the domain that is attached to all of these pictures, and as such the image links will be broken... I have moved them all to another domain, and all that is required where a linked image is missing, is to replace "www.mountiancraftworks.com" with "http://www.r8rphan.com/mc"...

I see no way to edit these links anymore, so if anyone knows how I can do that, I will do that for all my images on this site..... but short of that, the best I can do is to tell you where the new images are and you will have to manually load them and repoint the images...