585,665 active members*
3,119 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fagor 800t control (help needed)

Hi,

I have an ajax lathe fitted with the Fagor 800TGI control (only got it a few days ago)

I have never used a cnc lathe befor only a Bridgeport interact with TNC150, so I'm sure i'm doing somthing wrong! I am trying get to grips with the basic features but when programming a basic "canned turning cycle" and then hitting the start cycle button the lathe moves to the "begin point" and then says "executing" but does not move anywhere? I have read this section in the manual repeatedly but still I have no idear why it will not actually do anymore than move to the "begin point"

I should prehaps point out that the machine arrived with motors and drives removed and I have just fitted new motors and drives (correct replacment units) But as the axis all move properly via both jog and handwheels and it moves to the "start point" I'm at a complete loss

Any help greatfully received

Tristan

Check the Jog Control

When this has happened to me on my 8025M, it has been because I mistakenly forgot to move the jog control off of the manual handwheel (or other non-manual override control position). Make sure it is selected to a manual override position 10-100%.

Hopefully it is as simple as this for you also.
    R/
    Todd

Same here

I have a Chevalier 1840 with Fagor 800TGi and mine just started doing the same thing.
    At first it was dwelling for a few seconds when changing direction during a part program and then the feed stopped working all together.

Handwheel works fine and rapid works as well....It rapids to the start of a program and then just sits there.

No alarms either

I hope someone out there has some advice.

did anyone find a solution for this? im having the same problem with the threading cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by freightmaster View Post
    Hi,

I have an ajax lathe fitted with the Fagor 800TGI control (only got it a few days ago)

I have never used a cnc lathe befor only a Bridgeport interact with TNC150, so I'm sure i'm doing somthing wrong! I am trying get to grips with the basic features but when programming a basic "canned turning cycle" and then hitting the start cycle button the lathe moves to the "begin point" and then says "executing" but does not move anywhere? I have read this section in the manual repeatedly but still I have no idear why it will not actually do anymore than move to the "begin point"

I should prehaps point out that the machine arrived with motors and drives removed and I have just fitted new motors and drives (correct replacment units) But as the axis all move properly via both jog and handwheels and it moves to the "start point" I'm at a complete loss

Any help greatfully received

Tristan
    Hello please tell me if you resolve this problem
    I have similar problem

Quote Originally Posted by josseng View Post
    did anyone find a solution for this? im having the same problem with the threading cycle.
    I wat to ask you if find a solution for this problem?

Re: Fagor 800t control (help needed)

Check spindle Encoder

Carlos Cabrera

Hello
    I change the spindle encoder but controller say execution threading ,but not movement.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by josseng View Post
    Hello I see your post with problem fagor threading .Please tell me if
    you find a solution for this?

Re: Fagor 800t control (help needed)

Check the following error screen. The servos might be out of balance. When sitting still the following error should be as close to zero as possible.

Tom the Fagor guy