585,719 active members*
4,160 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

GS-150 turret problems

I have a GS-150 2-axis w/ fanuc controls series oi-TC. This machine is almost 3 years old and doesn't even have 150 hours of run time on it. About a month ago it threw a Alarm Code 1001 with a subcode of A.92. This would indicate a dead battery for the turret drive, since the machine is not used often we figured this was normal. So we ordered one and installed it. Then it threw a Alarm Code 1070 , turret not in position unclamped, then if you try to do a tool change it will throw the 1001 again but w/o the subcode. I have tried to get Hardinges new distributors to help me out with this but they don't seem interested, took 2 weeks and a call to Hardinge to even get them to call me back. Hardinge sent me some .pdf files but the controls are different and the steps we did make it through didn't do anything. SO anyway, I'm figuring this is a simple fix, seems like something just needs reset. Can anyone help me with this one?

Thanks in advance
    Travis

I can't help on that but Hardinge sure messed up turning it over to them.
    I have bought many Hardinge machine tools CNC & others but not anymore.

So a tech shows up at my door this morning to fix the machine.....whom I never authorized to do so, or even set-up an appointment to do so. SO he gets the proper .pdf file (after calling taiwan) and fixes it in all of 45 minutes. I get charged 3 hours time here and 4 hours drive time to here all to fix something I'm sure I could have done myself with the proper support and pdf files. Now I don't have a problem paying to repair thing but this machine is like brand new and their service center is about a 45 minute drive away. Seems a bit ridiculous to me. Rant over...thanks for your time. and by the way I will email any and all .pdf files to whomever might need them...just email me.

duenow...I know I'm not buying another...not for our application and this kind of service.