585,987 active members*
4,623 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Seacost New Hampshire?

I am a highschool student struggling with his CNC conversion, its the electronic part thats killing me.
    Just noticed this part of the forum today,
    Is there anybody within driveable distance of Seacoast NH that can help me out with this thing?
    For the record
    its a small milling machine i am converting, a Hobby CNC driver board with 4 Vexta PH motors

Phantomcow2
    I am close to the same area, halfway between manchester and portsmouth, on 101.
    Send me a private message, and I may be able to assist.

Keith
    NEATman

Hi guys Im over in the Concord area... I've been wondering how many of us are in NH...

Theres also a poster named Novah who is in NH, in the milton area I believe

I'm in Merrimack also looking for some advice on setting up my mini mill for cnc

Hi Dropride,

I moved from Merrimack in 2000. Im in Henniker (The only one on earth). If you have questions you should just ask, lots of folks here with lots of answers...

Hi fellow NH home machinists - As Phantomcow2 said, I am in Milton, NH. I just got a JET 20" Mill/Drill that I am going to CNC. I have the components to build the power supply already purchased as well as TurboCad for software. I am building a stand for it next to get it up off the garage floor.

Dave

Hello,

I just registered here tonight. I live in the Seacoast area. I am very familiar with the CAD/CAM side of all this. I am learning the mechanics and electronic side of CNC where I work. Still a bit of a novice on that side of things. Someday I hope to have my own machine.

Cheers,

Dan

DanC, are you in NH?
    I highly recommend building a machine, even converting a mill to CNC, you will learn a great deal about the mechanical side.
    The electrical is what is slowing me down, but i'm getting there...

Yes, I'm in Portsmouth, NH.

Oh wow, I'm in Dover.
    Do you work at a machine shop?

Hi Dan - It's nice to see there are a few guys around the Seacoast area of New Hampshire that are interested in the hobby machine thing. I have bought a 9 x 20 lathe since my last post in this thread. I built stands for it and the mill drill and am getting my shop set up with lights and cabinets.

I bought the lathe to help cnc the mill plus there are a number of projects I have in mind for later on. I don't think I will cnc the lathe.

How have you gotten your cad cam experience? What are your machining interests ? Dave

Phantomcow2

Hey Phantomcow2 - how is your cnc project coming? Did Neatman get over to help out? Dave

Novah-
    Phantomcow2 came over to see me. He is really getting a lot done on this project. I am waiting to see some pictures, as I didn't get a chance to see the progress so far in person. He is helping me "clean" my basement.

I have gotten my 3 axis bridgeport up and running, and I am in the middle of converting an old DV-59 Hardinge to CNC. I have all the parts, controls and even the raw stock needed, I just need the time to finalize the design and make the parts.

I have many connections. Send me a PM if you are looking for anything.

NEATman (Keith)

Hello All Good People Of N. H. My Wife And I Will Be Moving To Your Fine State In The Next Year. I'm Been A MASHOLE( IF I PUT ONE MORE S IN LOOK WHAT HAPPENS M*******) To Long And With Machining South Of Boston All Going North To N. H. So Will I

wow lots of people from NH on here.

I'm from Nashua and just joined this great site, I've used just about every machine found in a machine shop but always in manual mode and rarely effectively.

I'm really looking forward to learning some cnc programming and hope to build my own machine soon.

i have TONS of free time if anyone needs an apprentice

Welcome

iggk-
    Welcome to CNCzone. Lots of similarly crazy, yet friendly people can be found here.

What type of machine are you looking to build?

NEATman

3 axis router maybe 24" x 18" x 6" to start.

I've had access to entire machine shops for the last 8 years until i decided to be self employed, now I'm going threw withdrawals. i found this site while searching for a kit or rebuilt system and thought how much better it would be if i made my own

and what a perfect time to learn some cnc while i'm at it.

Im over here in Epping NH. Im looking to convert a lathe. Is there a good place to buy used manual machine locally?? I have a small 9x20 jet, but not sure if this is the machine I want to convert? I also have a CNC Enco mill drill.

wow my stint as the new kid on the block didn't last long

there was this place in Manchester that had a huge inventory of industrial equipment and components, i can't remember specifics so I'm trying to contact an old co-worker who first took me there about 4 years ago.

Page 1 of 3 123