585,996 active members*
4,544 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

GCC LaserPro Explorer PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP!

We have yet to be able to get this laser working. We finally were able to get the drivers installed and get the machine attempting to print artwork from coreldraw. Only problem is the machine thinks that the laser is cutting when in fact nothing is actually happening from the laser. Even the small red laser light blinks on the control panel and the red pointer light from the laser is on but no actual cutting laser. I did notice that the fans are not coming on from the laser either. I placed a piece of paper in front of mirror one to see is anything is coming out and nothing. At this point I'm wondering if there is any test procedure for the laser itself or if maybe its not getting power or what. If anyone knows of some options to try I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!

Did you try the laser test, manual fire method?

To my knowledge this machine does not have such function which seems very odd to me. Our other machine which is from China has a laser test function. If someone know different please let me know. Thanks

Turn your machine off and Hold the Auto Focus while turning it on. When it intializes it will allow you to test ram , motors , laser etc.

Its now in diagnostic mode.
    These lasers use safety interlocks . if any door is open or one of the magnetic safety locks is open or faulty , the laser will not fire. You need to use magnets to bypass em if you are trying to fire with a door open or if one of em is open.
    Even in diagnostic mode , if the safety interlock circuit is open , the laser WILL NOT FIRE!!! If you cant bypass the switches with magnets , then trace the circuit to the motherboard and just join the 2 wires coming in (which will make the circuit)
    Of all this doesnt work , Check the laser as well , it should be a synrad , mail synrad for some diagnostics if it isnt working , it needs a specific voltage and there is a led on the laser that should light...ask em. They can determine whether its a machine problem or a laser issue.

Thanks for the information, I'll try this

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Gold View Post
    Turn your machine off and Hold the Auto Focus while turning it on. When it intializes it will allow you to test ram , motors , laser etc.

Its now in diagnostic mode.
    These lasers use safety interlocks . if any door is open or one of the magnetic safety locks is open or faulty , the laser will not fire. You need to use magnets to bypass em if you are trying to fire with a door open or if one of em is open.
    Even in diagnostic mode , if the safety interlock circuit is open , the laser WILL NOT FIRE!!! If you cant bypass the switches with magnets , then trace the circuit to the motherboard and just join the 2 wires coming in (which will make the circuit)
    Of all this doesnt work , Check the laser as well , it should be a synrad , mail synrad for some diagnostics if it isnt working , it needs a specific voltage and there is a led on the laser that should light...ask em. They can determine whether its a machine problem or a laser issue.
    I tried the diagnostic mode and although the display screen "laser" light is flashing red the actual laser is not firing. By "doors" open does this include all access panels or is this just referring to the main lid? Im very frustrated with this machine. The laser is actually not a Snyrad but is actually a Coherent model GEM. They of course would not give me any advice or support due to the age of the laser.

I would like to just sell this machine, any ideas what it is worth both in its current condition (everything functioning except laser, includes laptop with drivers/coreldraw) and also if I were to get the laser working again? Im open to all offers. Thanks again for any suggestions

Hi, did you get an outcome for what the problem qas here?

I have a GCC laserpro X380 doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JRC413 View Post
    We have yet to be able to get this laser working. We finally were able to get the drivers installed and get the machine attempting to print artwork from coreldraw. Only problem is the machine thinks that the laser is cutting when in fact nothing is actually happening from the laser. Even the small red laser light blinks on the control panel and the red pointer light from the laser is on but no actual cutting laser. I did notice that the fans are not coming on from the laser either. I placed a piece of paper in front of mirror one to see is anything is coming out and nothing. At this point I'm wondering if there is any test procedure for the laser itself or if maybe its not getting power or what. If anyone knows of some options to try I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!