585,973 active members*
3,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

First project

I'm not a programmer, but I taught myself how to do some stuff in VB4. I started looking into how hard it would be to write my own CAD/CAM program and figured the first thing I should check into was if I would be able to interpret and produce DXF files. I slapped this little project together in VB4 this evening and am very encouraged by it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

X,

What would it take to send the final .exe along? I don't use VB, so the files you posted do me no good. Does VB still require that you ship the proper VBRun .dll along with the executable??? At any rate, I'm curious to see what you did.

Lance

Not really a useful program Lance. It was just to let me know that I could create a DXF file. It's just a form with the ability to change a few parameters and create a single polygon that is saved to a dxf file called "vbtest.dxf". The dxf file will be in the same directory where you install the program. It's completely useless except to see the code to create a DXF file. So, since you can't see the code, it will be useless to you. Unless you want to draw a single polygon and save it as a dxf file. Here it is zipped into an install program. You must change the settings for all the parameters with the scroll bars. Typing them in won't work. After setting all the parameters where you want them, click the command button to create the file based on your settings. You'll have to use some other program to look at the file you create. Like I said, useless.
    Attached Files Attached Files