585,712 active members*
4,297 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Help! It doen't work anymore?

Hi

I have a homemade router, uses the 4 axis Hobby CNC board
    Desknc controller program. It has worked fine for the last few weeks since finishin it.
    Ok here is what happened I started to run a program and it moved to position and paused wait 5 seconds went next position
    and paused again etc etc , So I stopped it and decided the pc needed to be rebooted since I usually leave it on BTW desknc is DOS. so powered down and restarted windows98se but error came up said command.com was corrupted, checked dir from c: and the whole hard drive was scrambled weird characters etc
    so I tried to format and start over but it said the drive was not useable so I had another smaller HD laying around so I put it in formated and installed windows98se then desknc and set desknc just the way it was before, but now when I try to jog x the z moves and when I move jog y the c axis moves rechecked the pin outs and they are set properly. could something have scrambled the drive chips? open to suggestions on how to trouble shoot this

Ray
    Learn from the mistakes of others you can't afford to make them all yourself!

Ok

checked the setup yet again this time with with desknc .doc and duh..... I had it all wrong I had the correct pins set but desknc does not use pin assignments it assigns each pin a bit number not sure why? but once the bit numbers where plugged in CORRECTLY it all works again :-) again did I say duh
    anyway, thanks for aall the help.

Ray
    Learn from the mistakes of others you can't afford to make them all yourself!