584,833 active members*
5,612 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    This part was for work. It is used in our polisher to polish small metal samples.

This part was for work. It is used in our polisher to polish small metal samples.

Very nice looking work! I started looking at designs and accumulating parts to build a machine two years ago. I finally built something totally different than I planned over the last couple of months that has a 9x10 cutting area. The fact that yours just took 2 weeks to get finished makes me quite jealous lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman65 View Post
    Very nice looking work! I started looking at designs and accumulating parts to build a machine two years ago. I finally built something totally different than I planned over the last couple of months that has a 9x10 cutting area. The fact that yours just took 2 weeks to get finished makes me quite jealous lol.
    Thankyou!

My design is proving to be very reliable. I have been cutting different parts out, some small, some larger (9"x9") and some pretty intricate. I think the only thing I'd change is the dremel and maybe some more powerful steppers.

I also ordered a parallel card for my older toshiba laptop, I'm going to try using that to run Mach (it was cheap, and I know it might not work). The computer I have running it now is power challenged and that doesn't play well with Mach.

All in all, I think I was pretty successful in my project.

I plan to take the machine apart and paint the frame and I will document the the rebuild for this thread.

Stay tuned!

I am pretty sure that a portable will not work (the M3 manual talks about this) because of the power saving junk in a portable that you cannot work around. I would be skeptical about a PCMIA (?) parallel card too. Get the real deal.

Anything PC >=1G on the hard rubbish still with parallel port is perfect.
    Usually a zero cost item these days.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Re: Drawer Slide CNC

Hi all,
    I have built many cnc desktop routers using drawer slides.Drawer slides are good alternative to linear slides.A repeat accuracy of 0.1 mm is achievable
    Here are some machines i have build and sold .I used drawer slides on all axis.
    thanks.
    Attachment 245522Attachment 245524Attachment 245526Attachment 245528Attachment 245530.

Page 3 of 3 123