584,866 active members*
5,018 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Autodesk > AutoCAD Inventor DXF to WoodWop 4.0

AutoCAD Inventor DXF to WoodWop 4.0

Can anybody help in a method or a way to convert Inventor 2012 DXF to come in correctly into Woodwop 4.0 Software ? I can export to a DXF but when we try to import it into Woodwop it never comes up no error code or nothing, I know the software is two versions behind , would that correct the problem ? I have checked weeke website but I cant understand German very well any assistance would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

bump

Been a long time since I worked with WoodWOP. My first thought is that an Inventor DXF file will be in a "newer" format that WoodWOP will like. I have had this problem with other software. If possible, save your Inventor DXF to an older DXF format, such as AutoCAD R12.

Hi!
    Try using this software. It's free: woodWOP DXF-Import
    ::: Weeke Training :::
    I used already and it works very well.
    You must save your dxf file using one layer for each one of the process.

wouldnt it be just as easy to convert the inventor file to a AutoCAD dxf file , since I can export the inventor file out as a AutoCAD File ?

go to autodesk website.. download truview..
    and convert what ever format your dxf.. that program will make the dxf output you need..

Autodesk - Autodesk DWG - DWG TrueView Download

make sure you choose the proper download... 32bit/64 bit

another option for you draftsigth... that also writes good files..

I use 2013 Inventor, I don't know if it is the same in 2012.
    If you want to cut DXF of any face in Inventor, just right click the face and select export as DXF. You must be selecting faces and edges not parts or components to get the option. At the bottom of the menu box that pops up, there is a button "OPTIONS". If you click that then you will have chance to select version of dxf, and I always use R12 and have no problems. Also I select 1:1 Model space for export.
    Dan Reed

Re: AutoCAD Inventor DXF to WoodWop 4.0

Hello,

can somebody please help me? I dont know how to use woodwop ( I tryed) but the company which cut the panels for me needs mpr files for cuting. I have dxf files (4 of them) and I need help to convert this files in mpr. Please help

Hello there .
    first time on here. im wondering if anybody here can help me. i have the opposite problem. i have a lot of WoodWop *.MPR files and i want to convert them to Dxf Files for use in Autodesk Inventor. is there a process to do this ?

Quote Originally Posted by DTH View Post
    Hello there .
    first time on here. im wondering if anybody here can help me. i have the opposite problem. i have a lot of WoodWop *.MPR files and i want to convert them to Dxf Files for use in Autodesk Inventor. is there a process to do this ?
    there are some ways depending of the complexity of the mprs.

If the mpr files contain only drilling processes (102, 103, 131 or 192) then it can be fairly easy, but if the mpr files contain more complex processes then it can be quite tricky, but not impossible.

MPR files can be converted to DXF files if needed, but I suggest converting directly to IPT files (Inventor part), but again it depends on how complex the mprs are.

Cheers