585,908 active members*
3,856 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

V21 inlay help

I am new to CNC but am learning I am trying to cut a inlay and a pocket for it. I am using the spiraling option for the pocket, and the offset function for the inlay part and everything seems to cut OK except the tool raises up while it is moving when it is finishing a cut. That leave a little ramp of material left that I have to scrape away with an exacto knife.

I have no idea what may be causing this? I am using V21 software with Mach 3.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Benny555 View Post
    I am new to CNC but am learning I am trying to cut a inlay and a pocket for it. I am using the spiraling option for the pocket, and the offset function for the inlay part and everything seems to cut OK except the tool raises up while it is moving when it is finishing a cut. That leave a little ramp of material left that I have to scrape away with an exacto knife.

I have no idea what may be causing this? I am using V21 software with Mach 3.
    It's been a while since I've use 21 but is there not a ramp value somewhere?

I found an approach and depart menu, I tried changing the values but it didn't seem to do anything, not much in the help menu on it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny555 View Post
    I found an approach and depart menu, I tried changing the values but it didn't seem to do anything, not much in the help menu on it either.
    On the drawing side under file click environement, click cam under active toolbar.
    On the nc side, there is a icon named ramp tool.