585,938 active members*
3,188 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc OM - How do I display the tool change macro?

Fanuc OM - How do I display the tool change macro?

I changed parameter 10 #4 to enable editing of the tool change macro but don't know how to call it and display in edit mode. Can it be displayed on the CRT?

Quote Originally Posted by techscan View Post
    I changed parameter 10 #4 to enable editing of the tool change macro but don't know how to call it and display in edit mode. Can it be displayed on the CRT?
    If you know the program number of the Macro program, call and display it in the same manner as any other program, that is, O plus the program number and then cursor arrow down. If you don't know the number, and the machine actually does use a Macro program for tool changing; not all do, look in parameters 0230 to 0239 and see if the number 6 is listed in any of them. Parameters 0230 through to 0239 relate to program numbers 9020 through to 9029 respectively. Some machines use the T code to call the Macro program. To determine if it does, check the value of parameter bit 0040.5; if its set to 1, then it will call program number 9000. Then once armed with the program number, call and display it in the normal manner.

Regards,

Bill

Fanuc OM

Thanks for helping. I'll try it tomorrow.

I looked to see if there was a parameter for viewing the program while it is running if that is what he was referring to. I did not find one for this series. Some have a parameter to hide the macro while it is being executed.

Stevo

Yeah that parameter just keeps the screen from getting too cluttered while it's running. Personally I like to be able to see the code as its running, but that's just me.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gbowne1 View Post
    Personally I like to be able to see the code as its running, but that's just me.
    It’s funny you say that. Some years back I was setting up some MT for a new product line and I started. Most of these guys were very old school and never had anyone come in and use/setup a control and MT to its full potential. Macros / probes / toolsetters / custom codes….etc.

Anyway I rewrote one of the tool change macros that always ran in the background. I made it viewable via parameter so I could prove it out. I never hid the program. I got a phone call at in the middle of the night with a frantic machinist that said the control was possessed. He said he was trying to do a tool change and all this crazy code came up on the machine. Needless to say it took about 15min on the phone to convince him that there was no gremlins in the machine and that all it was going to do was change tools the same as always. I think I even told him to program the M6 and just look away from the control

Stevo

Yeah, A possessed FANUC lol. That's a new one lol.

It really is nice having a control that is set up properly to its full potential. Lots of nice macros, an ATC with plenty of room, lots of memory and all of FANUC's ease of programming like FAPT, CAP, Manual Guide.. and yes toolsetters, probing, etc.

It's kept my shop out of the dark ages, although my controls are aging too.

I spend too much time in front of the control not to like seeing what I'm doing or whats happening.