585,880 active members*
6,515 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinese CO2 laser K40 differences on versions

I'm looking on ebay to buy my first Co2 Laser Engraver and I've found that there are several versions or revisions of the same machine:

SH K40IV
    DC K40III

and parallel and usb version

I understand that there are 4 generations ... many shops that sell on ebay is the third but I found a site that sells the IV
    Does anyone know the differences?

TKS!

III VERSION
    http://www.ebay.es/itm/120702247080?...84.m1438.l2649

VI VERSION
    http://www.ebay.es/itm/290520226370?...84.m1438.l2649

I'd be hesitant on both of those machines. China produces a lot of junk machines, ask around in here and you'll hear horror stories of $500 machines with $3-400 import fees to get a machine that would make a better boat anchor than a laser engraver. Personally I'd save up a little bit and go with a reputable Chinese company.

The problem is not the product, which already has nothing to do with professional equipment, ... The question I have on this unit is that variation between the 3 and 4 version.

Thanks anyway for answering, I appreciate any recommendations.

I can't find any discernible difference between the 2. I'm guessing it has to do with the computer interface being different. I know the older ones were parallel port only. Someone who's more versed in the smaller machines may know more. But one thing I will warn about is they both have a pot to adjust the lasers power, This means any differences in power to engrave an image will need to be adjusted manually, this can become a bit of a pain.

And I'm not saying to go get professional equipment, I know a Epilog would be great, but it's out of most peoples budget, but there are reputable companies that sell lasers like these 2, but they actually make a working product, while others make good boat anchors. Not trying to criticize buying a small cheap one, just saying search the forums a little bit to find one of the small cheap ones from a company that sells good ones. They are out there, and are about the same price, just a reputable seller or company.

Thank you very much Bpoulin,

I'm in the process of searching for suppliers with a reputation that I guarantee a product with a minimum of operating conditions. My approach is in the future to modify the DSP with a control that can control the power and do not use the Chinese software. I Do not really need a more powerful laser or with a larger working space, so I'm looking in this direction.

Thanks again for the tips.

Give me until tonight, let me hear back from my supplier, I think they have a small desktop unit that has DSP with offline and online controls. It can take a USB flash drive for the art files, or direct USB connection to the computer. They are a good company, I'd buy from them again.

thanks, I hope

Quote Originally Posted by cast-ing View Post
    The problem is not the product, which already has nothing to do with professional equipment, ... The question I have on this unit is that variation between the 3 and 4 version.

Thanks anyway for answering, I appreciate any recommendations.
    We are manufacture, and sometimes the versions of the machines may different even they have the same shape, working area, power. May the time is different, the motor is different, or make something changed on the inner of the machine.
    If you want a suitable machine, just tell them the details of your work. The material? Engraving or cutting? I think the sales will recommend one suitable model.
    Just my understanding.

Salley
    [email protected]
    Liaocheng Xinxing Electronic Co., Ltd.

Mainly I want to cut paper (350g) and cardboard (2.5 mm max).
    My ideal work surface would be 450X320 or (225x320), but I'd rather spend little money to test first and then opt for a higher model or modify a machine by changing the DSP and the drivers.

PS: Cat cat,.... thanks for the help, but with a hotmail email and only 2 entries in the forum does not show much professionalism.

Sorry for my english...

Smile

My ideal work surface would be 450X320 or (225x320), but I'd rather spend little money to test first and then opt for a higher model or modify a machine by changing the DSP and the drivers.

PS: Cat cat,.... thanks for the help, but with a hotmail email and only 2 entries in the forum does not show much professionalism.

Sorry for my english...
    I'm new here. So my post is little. According to your description, I recommend our two models: RL40 and RL3060. RL40 with working area 260*320. RL3060 is 320*600. But if you want to spend little money to test first, you can test RL40.

My company is Liaocheng Xinxing Electronic Co.,Ltd
    Our web is Liaocheng Xinxing Electronic Co., Ltd.
    Contact by hotmail or email [email protected]
    Glad to introduce in details.

Talking

Sorry for my english...
    My friend, we are 15-year established laser systems manufacture, here's our alibaba Wuhan Sunic Photoelectricity Equipment Manufacture Co., Ltd. - Laser engraving and cutting system, laser marking system, solar equipment system .

Learned from your discription, our SCU3050 with 300*500mm working area and 40W laser tube. As you want to test first with little money, I give you USD2400 FOB Shanghai.

Any interest, just inform me.

Regards,
    Kofi