585,758 active members*
4,392 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > CRT for Gleason(Phoenix) Gear Cutting Machine with GE Fanuc Series 150M

CRT for Gleason(Phoenix) Gear Cutting Machine with GE Fanuc Series 150M

Dear All

Please find attached 3 different views of CRT.

Please find below details pasted on that CRT :

HITACHI CRT Type M34JCA41X (U) SR NO. m4M039541

COLOUR DISPLAY MOD NO C14C-1472D1F-A, A61L – 0001 – 0094 #A
    200V 50/60 Hz, 0.6 Amp, S. No. GYL002708

MMC – II CRT/MDI
    TYPE A02B-0087-C301 NO. N0241 1995 01

Sometimes display is not ok that means problem with HSYNC and VSYNC signals and so characters are becoming too small.

Kindly advice if it is possible to interface TFT Monitor's VGA port externally with this machine to replace defective CRT, we tried this successfully in case of GE Fanuc Series 160M which had Fanuc LCD, replaced it with Samsung Make TFT Monitor but unable to do so in case of this CRT

Best Regards,

M. Rishikesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phoenix.jpg   Phoenix1.jpg   Phoenix2.jpg  

bad CRTs are a very common problem on older CNC machines. The solution is very simple. Yes you can replace it with a regular LCD screen. You just need to buy a sync converter board. Cut off the Fanuc CRT connector and wire it to the converter board Red Green Blue & Sync inputs then plug the LCD screen into the converter board output.
    An example of a converter board (CGA/EGA to VGA) is here.......
    RGB/CGA/EGA/YUV to VGA ARCADE HD VIDEO CONVERTER BOARD | eBay

Need Help

Dear Sir

Thanks for your reply.

We are trying to get sync converter board. As u r aware, there is a cable with 20 pin Female Honda Connector which is plugged on to Honda Coonector of CRT . please explain how to connect with board once again ???

Best Regards,

M. Rishikesh

as I said, you need to cut off the custom connector and get to the wires.
    before you do that look at the video wires connected to the chassis (your pic #2)
    There should be a connector with 5 wires in it plugged into the chassis. look for red, green, blue. those are video signal wires RGB.
    there should be a white and black wire also. those are sync and ground.
    simply trace those wires to the honda connector using multi-meter and wire it to the converter board, Red, green, Blue, sync and ground
    If you dont know how to do that then you'll need to find someone local who can do it for you.
    if you take some higher quality pics of the chassis I can point out which connector you need to look at.
    of course that would only be IF you still have the monitor connected in the machine. if not, look in the machine for the cable that was plugged into the screen. from there you should see another cable going to the chassis. that is the RGB+Sync video input connector. that is what you need to connect the converter board to. note that there are dangerous voltages inside monitors even when powered off. if you cant handle the job get someone qualified to fix it.

Re: CRT for Gleason(Phoenix) Gear Cutting Machine with GE Fanuc Series 150M

Hello,
    I know this is an old thread. I'm hoping your still around. I have a elox (fanuc) series P wire edm. Monitor blew out and tried to find some parts, not much lock. So I bought a XVGA-BOX to put a LED monitor on it. Bee having trouble getting it to work. Are all the voltages the same on the Red-Green-Blue-Sync signal? I also have access to a scope any words of wisdom there?

CRT problem

Hi

I am not too sure now but I guess voltages to be same on RGB

We had finally replaced entire CRT with exaactly comaptible LCD from Pako Communications as Fanuc is failry expensive

Warm Regards

I think he meant am "I" still around, or at least someone who knows about this stuff and has actually wired up an LCD to a Fanuc control manually using a sync converter board (i.e. not you)...... the answer is yes I am still here.

The XVGA-BOX is the best converter to get because it will handle all syncs of any frequency. I have used dozens of these to fix CNC screens and they work great every time and are solid industrial units.
    The input is a 9 pin D connector. Output is the VGA connector. The other connectors are not used.
    You need to take the video wires (RGB/H+VSync/Ground) that go to the CRT and wire them to the same labeled pins on the 9 pin D input connector (see manual attached)
    The syncs are probably separate on your monitor so wire the horizontal and vertical syncs to the correct separate pins. If your monitor used composite sync use only the CS pin for the sync wire. Then just power on and it will work.
    If you still can't get it to work we will need more info about exactly what is the problem (your CNC control might be busted too and not putting out correct video data). You could measure the sync frequency on your scope if it is a digital type, or use a frequency counter to measure it. Also check the RGB wires for a consistent waveform on a static screen like the offset page (or any other non-moving screen) with the machine stopped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XVGA-BOX_Manual.pdf   XVGA-BOX_Manual.pdf  

Thank you for your input. I have the manual. I made up a cable and it still doesn't work. The flyback transformer blew out on the old crt. What voltages should I seen on the cable? I do have a small handheld digital and a large older analog scope.

you can't really measure the voltage and get a 'standard' reading.
    the voltage can be anywhere from 0.001v to 1v.
    on a screen with active data it could be moving rapidly up and down.
    my sync is 15kHz and the voltage measures 4.5v. yours may or may not be similar.
    in general if you see *any* voltage on the RGB and sync lines you have an active video signal.
    if any of them are 0v then that signal / wire is your problem.
    if all of them are 0v then you have a video board fault in the CNC controller.
    note: a blown CRT or flyback can't usually blow up the CNC controller because they are in 2 physically different locations powered by different power supplies.... unless your machine got hit by lightning or a Mack Truck ;-)

i try to connect wires same your instruction, but nothing happen,

please help me

Replacement Specifications type: A61L-0001-0094 LCD, industrial LCD panel, HONDA 20 pin signal connector, AC100-240V power supply, separate OSD keypad, easy to mount and setup.

https://en.elongshine.com/product-de...61l-0001-0094/

FANUC A61L-0001-0094(Model: A61L-0001-0094#A, 1459X-1, TX- 1450AB5, A02B-0094-C041) TFT is color monitor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _20200110163939.jpg   _20200110163925.jpg   20200110163848.jpg