584,879 active members*
5,089 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DSP OR NC studio

Hi Guys,
    Im from Qld and are looking to Purchase a CNC router from China. Im hoping that someone could offer some advice on pros and cons on the Control systems.

The machine comes with Dsp but can be swapped/Downgraded to NC studio.
    Which would be the best? or will the both be rubbish and require upgrading.
    It is supplied with ucancam, Type3, UG, Pore software and artcam as option.

I am only new to it and would be appreciative of advice

Cheers

Hello I am new to this forum, I also want China to buy a machine and find out what driver is:

Ncstudio control system has to come with a pci Blast Card for the PC, from there you can control the machine.
    DSP system control no longer need a computer, but the downside is that you not can do a simulation.

Hi,

Old Post but i did understand the differences. I purchased a machine with dsp and to this point suits my needs fine. It is quite simple to use once you work it out. And works great as long as home switches function as they should.

Thanks

than good, then your recommend the use of the DSP? Because I'm new and recently I am researching the parts of the machine, I want to buy one of xx-6090 series, but with better features of which are standard, because I have seen that there are many complaints from users. recommendation so I want to build a good machine, cnc machine I'll use it for daily work approximately 8 hours a day.

I have a couple of Chinese machines - one had DSP, the other had NC-studio.

I've replaced both controllers with mach-3 because I was seeing dwell marks and odd artifacts in the surfaces.

If you're just profile cutting MDF they'll probably be OK but maybe not for fine detail on 3D shapes. I cut scale model parts from acrylic with endmlls between 0.6mm and 3mm so smooth path interpolation between goto's is essential.

Here's an example of a part cut with a JX-1212 machine controlled with NC-studio (on the right) vs some parts cut with mach3. The middle part was cut on the same JX-1212 machine after converting from NC-studio to mach3.

I'd suggest buying an NC-studio machine and, if necessesary, convert to mach-3.

From a usability point of view I find being able to see the toolpath and tool position on the PC screen pretty useful when setting up a job.
    --
    Jon

Thats actually a very good question. I have decided I could live with the DSP but when you bring up stuff like seeing the work and toolpaths etc I am not sure I would like to live without it.

So, if you buy a machine with ncstudio does that PCI card generally let you use mach3 with it or do you have to put in breakout boards that are compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonharris22 View Post
    Thats actually a very good question. I have decided I could live with the DSP but when you bring up stuff like seeing the work and toolpaths etc I am not sure I would like to live without it.

So, if you buy a machine with ncstudio does that PCI card generally let you use mach3 with it or do you have to put in breakout boards that are compatible?
    On my machine I rigged up a mach compatible breakout board to a 15 pin cable that connects to the router where the NC-studio cable connected so I didn't have to rewire anything inside the machine. I'll probably connect the mach BOB directly to the stepper drivers though. I'm fairly comfortable wiring this stuff up since I've rigged a mill, 2 routers and 2 lathes for mach3.
    --
    Jon

hy,
    i have a suda cnc router and i want to make some changes for hm.
    i have dsp, but i want to change with mach 3. please someone can help me with some advise, to connect the 15 pin cable betwen router and computer.
    thanks

Re: DSP OR NC studio

I have also purchased a CNC Router from China with a Weihong NK105G2 DSP Controller. The first problem was the controller keys were in Chinese as was the language. Took me weeks to sort out the chage to English.
    Having overcome this I now have problems in the instructions to update the system using a USB flash driveAttachment 254274 Never having attached anything before i hope it works..I live in Arundel Queensland email [email protected] and would like the opprtunity to communicate by phone, email or a visit to see your setup, By email I can attach the pages of the manual and seek your advice
    Regards David