585,712 active members*
3,783 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Russian CNC project - my first router

Greetings to all fans to work as a head and hands.
    I live in Russia, in capital - Moscow. I have the small business - I do greater aquariums to order and I work with акриловым glass - I bend, to glue... For work for a long time it is already necessary router and as formation allows - has decided to make the first variant.
    Despite of "terrible" capitalist changes in our country very much much remains in an old fashion - for example for very small money it is possible to buy the various accessories which have lain in warehouses from the end 90, and even 80 years.
    I shall try to write in detail.
    For the beginning the drawing of that is planned to make. It is necessary to start with the most important - the sizes bought by me ballscrew from industrial machine tools:

X - Dnut=60mm, Lactive=1500mm
    Y and Z - Dnut=40mm, Lactive=530mm

I plan the sizes of working field X=1500mm, Y and Z=500mm. Z specially reflects such big height because in the further I wish to add two more circular coordinates.

1 variant I shall do on stepper drives 640oz/inch, in the further I plan to develop independently servo-drives.

Ballscrew

It is small ballscrew. It is made in 1992году, I them have bought 3 pieces at the price of approximately $100. Have been qualitatively inhibited in oil. On everyone there is here such sign:

At us in ex-USSR all very much liked to standardize, it would be desirable me to see your reaction .

HIWIN 15mm rail: (in Moscow, new, 2000mm rail and 2 carriage = $220)

It looks like you have some very good ideas. I hope you make your machine well.
    It doent matter if you have old fashion components, so long as they work for your machine.
    Please post lots of pictures of your progress.
    Good luck, and welcome to this forum.

Nice, but how does the x-axis move....there seems to be something missing in your drawing....I see the y-axis and z-axis....I suspect that you are moving the frame that holds the y and z axis....something is missing...

Welcome welcome welcome

Good to share information and to make it universal

Andy

The purpose - to make router for processing acrylic and aluminium. The first variant router from MDF. Then with its help to make details of aluminium and to replace.

The sizes of a working field - 1500 - 500 - 600. To change it is impossible owing to the sizes of details and the planned addition of two more coordinates.

Motors - stepper motor 640oz/inch, NEMA-34 from www.tormach.com. Drivers - analogue Gecko, its full copy, PCB are made by means of PCAD-2001, a photo mask printed on the jet printer, Positive resist and chloric iron. Pulleys 5/3. Ballscrew YZ - a step 5мм, X - the step 10мм. Ballscrew on coordinate X is one of directing owing to its high durability (diameter 60мм).

CNC - LinuxCNC. It is chosen by me owing to my good acquaintance with Linux, gcc. Also this system very well develops, on its basis I 2 years ago have made the simple machine tool for drilling PCB - no failures and misses of steps existing.

- all drawings I draw drawings in SolidWorks. I shall use this software for creation of 3D-models for the further processing on the machine tool.

For creation of the NC-program I use (I am able to work) in ArtCam, MasterCam, PowerMill more precisely. Vector drawings I draw in Corel.

Big ballscrew

It has been intended for any very big and powerful industrial machine tool, bought by me casually for approximately $250.

Its weight about 45 kg - I hardly today have pulled out it from the car .

Not in a theme - my works

Aquarium in children's cafe. Acrylic glass 25mm. Volume of 1500 litres. Inside author's ceramics.

Two aquariums in large computer campaign.. Acrylic glass 20mm. Volume of everyone of 1500 litres. Length of an arch of everyone - 3200мм.

The system of communications is brought in an aquarium by means of the painted plastic water pipes. I such have made the first in Moscow .

Question on a drive.
    In Gecko transistors IRF540, Vdss=100V, Id=28A, Rds=0.077om cost. I wish to replace them with more modern IRFZ48N - Vdss=55V, Id=64A, Rds=0.014om. As has shown washing an expert, transistors always maintain obviously greater, than in datasheet, a voltage, and "perish" from overloads on a current.

Also I wish to apply water system of cooling - I have made such for the computer. And the overheat of transistors is a true way to their destruction.

By the way, I have lead interesting experiments with a microcircuit from Toshiba TA8435H. On datasheet it supports 40V, 1.5A, up to 8 microsteps. I could receive stable results at 40V and 4A, having lowered frequency ШИМ up to 5kHz, but only in a is full-step mode when this frequency is still capable to support and adjust a current of phases. Urgently I recommend - the scheme is primitive, very stable also the only thing above what it is necessary to concentrate attention - above active cooling.

I tried to use it with motors from Tormach - it has appeared all the same weak...

From left to right:
    The motor 1200oz/inch
    The motor 640oz/inch
    Encoder from BEI 1570pps - has bought on Ebay 8 pieces on $25 . Speak, they terribly professional, but 84 years of release , though also new.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperTX
    Nice, but how does the x-axis move....there seems to be something missing in your drawing....I see the y-axis and z-axis....I suspect that you are moving the frame that holds the y and z axis....something is missing...
    There is no rail X. On the other hand bearing will be big and thick ballscrew. Simply I draw drawings on a place when I do details. And with X I yet do not know - there is a desire to lift a rail upward - that it was possible to put a wide leaf of a material on all length X... But then rigidity will decrease... It is necessary to apply thick metal pipes and corners... Here I also think - on what to stop.

OK.....Can't design your own drive?

Mariss Freimanis

Quote:

Drivers - analogue Gecko, its full copy, PCB are made by means of PCAD-2001, a photo mask printed on the jet printer, Positive resist and chloric iron.

Hmm, yes I missed that one. I guess the horse has already bolted and you have already made them. I do suggest you edit your post in reference to your copied drives and possibly the list of software you use.
    Wow you have an impressive amount of software.

I have tested also, and motor sounds a bit better than using a3977 ic. but it really needs a good heatsink

Hi, if you are looking for a proven out stepper driver design that is all set up for open source / anyone can build it, you might want to look here.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9564

It is not a Gecko, but then again, your project might not need them yet. The parts needed are pretty universally available, and the kit version is cheap.

you are right. I have seen it also at www.damencnc.com
    but I bought all stuff to work with bipolar. connectors and even shielded cable from Igus.
    the kit assembled seems to be affordable and I really prefer mosfets instead of an expensive IC.
    I am planning another project with servos at x and y axis and stepper for Z.
    for the price and simplicity it may be a solution for me. now I am testing TA8435 and then I'll take a few more conclusions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1186.JPG