585,605 active members*
3,310 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Conquest Super GT 900 Parameters

Conquest Super GT 900 Parameters

Howdy all,

We recently began recovering our 1993 Hardinge Conquest Super GT lathe after the serious flooding from Hurricane Irene. All the 0TC control boards were removed and cleaned according to what FANUC advised. Machine fires up but we had to replace the one memory board.

Here's where we are running into an issue. We do not have the 900 parameters and neither does Hardinge. We were able to purchase a copy of the DWORD and standard parameters from our supplier, but it seems that no one has what we need. We (stupidly) never made any kind of back ups of the parameters in the history of the machine.

What I need to find out is are we up poop's creek, or is there something that we can do?

Why can't Hardinge or your supplier locate someone with the same model machine and a serial number close to your and get the parameters that way? One would assume two machines being produced as near the same time would likely have been set up the same way. Most of the new machines I have worked with had a hard copy of the parameters recorded with the manuals when delivered and set up. Have you checked your manuals?

Update: We have a friend with the same lathe and are using his 900 parameters. Now the issue is with putting in the 300 diagnostic parameters. When I input 317 and 318 and then reset the machine, they reset to something other than what they are supposed to be.

According to the directions we recieved from Hardinge, after setting the 300's I should be able to edit 302.1 and then unlock the rest of the controls to allow the batch uploading of the rest of the parameters. When I hit Edit or MDI or any other mode, the machine just stays in JOG and the screen changes from saying "JOG" to "MDI" when the mode buttons are held down.

I apologize for being vauge, but I am unsure if it would be okay to say what they are supposed to be and what they are coming up as.

UPDATE:

Good Gods has this been a nightmare. 300 Parameters and the bulk parameters have been drip fed to the machine. Now we don't have the Overtravel Parameters or the Home Position parameters. Again, I ask if anyone knows where we might be able to find that info or even where the parameters are located in the parameter set.

I guess the valuable thing that we have learned in all this is KEEP A BACK UP OF EVERYTHING. And if a Hurricaine is bearing down on your shop, it may make sense to remove control boards from the machine before hand.