585,996 active members*
4,769 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

hyundai hit 8

does anyone here run or program for this machine it has a seimens control
    just wondering if there are any sub programs that might be useful.
    Thanks..

hit 8

I run the same machine your talking about,fast and holds size nice, but I dont much care for the control,the roughing cycles suck,the two sided memory is lame,fanuc puts them to shame,anyway what are you looking for?

hyundai hit 8

Well I agree on the controller, Its the same thing on the dmg mills.
    we use the machine in our cnc toolroom and the hardest things we turn is 303 s.s. and gold like to know if the machine settings for all the materials
    is accurite and can be used to some degree. also are there any good sub programs that are helpful or good tips. can the machine be programed off-line using a 3.5 disc.

This is a lathe your talking about? as far as the material thing, I never use it, so I dont know how close they are,and the floppy drive on our machine dont work,but Im sure if it did you could program off line, I use the rs 232 port to up & down load programs,but I do most of the programing at the machine,as far as the subs your talking about, the only time I realy use them is to define a finish contour for the rouging cycles, I know the machine uses the same directory (sub) to do alot of things, setting tools ect. kind of dumb it would be easy to dump something,I have yet to write some macros,were talking about getting rid of this machine so it might not be worth it, hey how are you saving programs? Im using the main program directry for company names,then in that I have all the programs for that company in that directry,the only thing I dont like is I have to load the program from the hard drive to the nck side when I power up in the morning. if I just put programs in the main program directory it gets to be a mess(too many)

hyundai hit 8

in the tool room I put the programs under the project manager or the design
    eng. the person I will be replacing has only work in a toolroom envirement
    does not have a clue to what prod. shops do as far as feed and speeds
    he told me that all he uses is .001 or .002 for feed good if you want to be there all day I plain on using the machine to its fullest not to the max though
    Thanks.

Need help with huyndai hit 8s lathe 840c

Hi all, my name is derek, i just got a cnc Huyndai hit 8s lathe, and having a hard time try to learn the control, just wonder if you could give me some help, when i got the machine, there are some sample programs in the machine, how do i call up one of the program to the main screen to test run. thx, my email address is [email protected]