585,581 active members*
4,012 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Adjust Reference Position Return - 10M

Adjust Reference Position Return - 10M

Wich parameter do i adjust the reference position return point with?
    Or how do i do this? My machine sometimes goes into soft overtravel alarm when i do reference return...

Thanks!
    Kitamura Mycenter 1 -83 with Fanuc 3M-C and Mycenter 1B -85 with 10M control.
    Yes, they are old..... but i still like them!

check this thread for a possible solution....
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...ankenmill.html

You can do a gridshift or you can adjust your softlimit settings as long as they are not too close to the end of the stroke.

These should be 5220 for positive and 5221 for negative in your control but double check as I am going from memory. I usually adjust my softlimits 3mm past the reference position.

Stevo

Ok, thanks for your info!

Your welcome. Let us know how it comes out.

Stevo

Page 43 & 44 of the 10M - 12M Fanuc Operator's Manual says that parameter #1240 will change your machine's Z0 (for the machine coordinate system).

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.B View Post
    Page 43 & 44 of the 10M - 12M Fanuc Operator's Manual says that parameter #1240 will change your machine's Z0 (for the machine coordinate system).
    1240 is just the 1st reference point that you set from your origin position. This is a different function that does not pertain to the manual reference of the machine at powerup. If he had no problems referencing the machine and then programmed a Z0 and it overtravled then this would be where you want to make the adjustment but that is not the case here.

Sometimes your 1240 will be set to the position of the machine origin. It can get a bit confusing to some because it all depends on the terminology that you use. Some say home, others say reference, or you can say origin but they really all mean different things.

To simplify it parameters 1240-1243 act more like G54-G59 workcoordinates.

Stevo

Stevo:

Yes, all these Fanuc terms/definitions do tend to get silly. I had assumed that he had basically pressed ZRN, then Z+ and when the spindle made it "home," it over-traveled on him.

Anyhow, if you would... I'm wondering what your take is on this other thread over here:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...correctly.html

It deals with Z on a 10M Fanuc controller as well.

I am making the same assumption that it is alarming out when he is trying to zero return the axis. I was just pointing out that he needs to either gridshift, change softlimit parameters, or physically move the switch. 1240 parameters won’t help in this case.

I started to read your thread the other day. I will try to read in more detail and chime in today.

Stevo

Overtravel

See the machine is in Metric or Inches , also see the Mirror image , If both are ok , Make the Soft OT param maximum , and see the alarm of OT in Screen. Is it recognising the SOFT OT ALARM or Not?

Thanks all for your help, info and suggestions!
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be an overtravel...

This is not happening when i start the machine and first do a reference "zero" return (after moving from the limit switch's).

It happens suddenly - and not often, when i'm going to change tools / or just go to "zero" in program with G91 G28 Z0 Y0.
    Suddenly the machine stops and it sounds like someone pressed and directly pulled the emergency stop! The machine stops and just "stands" like it has read M30 before it reaches zero. No alarm or anything... Just to start program over again from beginning.

I havent done much testing around this and doesn't remember if it was Z or Y that didnt reach it's zero point but i will check this as soon as it happens again. I was assuming that it did alarm soft overtravel, but the last time it didn't so noe i'm not so sure about that...

Ot during ref

When it over travel it is soft or hard ??? what is the alarm Number?