585,974 active members*
4,219 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: partner 6

partner 6

Hey great forum

I just puchased a 1995 partner6 centurion 5 and have a lot of issues. and problems looking for someone with experiance with these machines that doesnt care to help out someone with a little experiance with cnc.. i own a machine shop am very mechanical oriented. i have fixed a lot of problems and have got it to power up and home . i can move the axis in jog, hand wheel and in mdi.

ok problem one the seller miss represented the machine........
    problem two i was stupid enuf to believe him...................................
    problem three i own it i have got fix it it has make money.... i hope

ok on serious note
    the z axis servo motor makes growing noise while setting still its really loud. it does it turning also. i can hand wheel z axis and find positions that it quiets down a little.

next problem is z will only travel 15 inches then stops no errors or anything 15 inches every time i think someone has it set in parameters to only travel that much but i really dont know about how check it or if that is even the problem

any help would be great guys .

Re: Z axis noise - what kind of axis drives do you have?

Re: Z travels - Did Z home normally, all the way up?
    Go to MDI and command a G32 move, this should take Z to toolchange position. Take the air off the machine and pust the toolchanger arm in. Does the height look right?

If not, go check the PPU values in the parameter table.
    If so, go check the travel limits in the parameter table.

themachine has parker drives i took it apart yesturday and looked for broken wires.none found but when put it back it was a lot quieter i has had new cables to servomotors the previous owner did not route them back in original places so they have change the parameter on z travel to keep from cutting the cables i will have to rewire it to stock location to have full travel in z.

another problemis it will not rapid over 200ipm itmust be a setting in the parameters also. but i dont know.. if i reload parameters will it set everything back it stock settings

thanks a million

If you re-load parameters from a disk, you will re-set all parameters to the point the parms were saved.

There is an AXIS parameter for G0's Rapid Velocity and another one for Rapid Jog.
    Many times, people will slow down the rapids when they are not comfortable with how fast things happen.

Check the manual, there should be a hard copy of the as-shipped parameters there.

suggestion for this problem

it's really a bad news to hear you met a seller like this. Well, I think the problem may be the Z axis driver, pls check it. hope this suggestion is helpful for you

Quote Originally Posted by catman312 View Post
    Hey great forum

I just puchased a 1995 partner6 centurion 5 and have a lot of issues. and problems looking for someone with experiance with these machines that doesnt care to help out someone with a little experiance with cnc.. i own a machine shop am very mechanical oriented. i have fixed a lot of problems and have got it to power up and home . i can move the axis in jog, hand wheel and in mdi.

ok problem one the seller miss represented the machine........
    problem two i was stupid enuf to believe him...................................
    problem three i own it i have got fix it it has make money.... i hope

ok on serious note
    the z axis servo motor makes growing noise while setting still its really loud. it does it turning also. i can hand wheel z axis and find positions that it quiets down a little.

next problem is z will only travel 15 inches then stops no errors or anything 15 inches every time i think someone has it set in parameters to only travel that much but i really dont know about how check it or if that is even the problem

any help would be great guys .