585,975 active members*
5,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Edgecam 8.75

Edgecam 8.75

So years ago when I bought edgecam I got a 2 for 1 deal where I got 2 dongles and licenses. I thought at the time I would program from home too. Well first time the maintenance came around I dumped that idea and just kept 1 up to date. So, the maintenance was up on the 1 I kept this June and unlike the normal process I didn't get a renewal quote, so I just waited to see what would happen. I decided to allow the supervisor to run the shop and I would semi-retire. I have a cnc mill at the house for doing car parts so I thought I would plug in the dongle that is out of date and just use 8.75 version at the house.

Here's where the problem begins. I can't find my old 8.75 disk and the computer the 8.75 is on is sooooo slow that it's just not useful. Since I doubt seriously if my maintenance provider ECAD is likely to a copy I decided to go on Edgecam site and see if I can download from there. No go, I type in my old user name and password and can't be found. Not interested in getting a bootleg one off the internet especially since I have the original dongle and keycodes!

Any ideas where I can get a copy of the 8.75 disk for download? Sorry for the long first post.

John

Can anyone think of a solution?
    John

I can think of a solution. Someone that still has their original 8.75 disc can copy it and send it to him. I do not have 8.75. I think I started on EdgeCAM at 10.0 and I doubt I even have that disc any more.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    I can think of a solution. Someone that still has their original 8.75 disc can copy it and send it to him. I do not have 8.75. I think I started on EdgeCAM at 10.0 and I doubt I even have that disc any more.

Thanks, that sounds great if someone can find it. I found numerous disks, but none that far back. I would really like to get this key going again so if someone has a 8.75 disk I would be happy to cover your costs.
    Thanks,
    John

So wait a minute, no one out there has 8.75?
    :boxing:
    John

What does EdgeCAM say when you contact them by phone?

You could always try contacting the makers of edge cam and see about getting an 8.75v disk from them if you show them a valid key. They may send you one for shipping cost or so...

Sorry guys, but really! Their remarks were "show me the money"! What makes it even funnier is I noted to my distributor that I didn't even get a renewal quote for my maintenance (it was up in June). He tells me that they were changing over their system and were late. Then he tells me he thinks he could have the late fee waved (really, you think so). So, get this the quote started at $9,163.00 for a single key. Then showed a discount for $4k and something. I don't need to show them my other key because they show I bought it originally. I have my key codes and everything, it's just that the computer it is installed on (remember this is a 8.75 version is old and slower than a snail). So, unless I want to get robbed to up my maintenance on the other key I'm not going to see any help from them.

John

Ok. So you talked to your distributor. Did you contact the company? 1-800-280-6932

I have in the past and was told to contact your distributor. There is a very easy answer to this and that is if someone has an 8.75 make a copy and I will gladly pay the shipping. It is in no way software infringement, since these were given out originally to anyone who asked because if you don't have a key and the key codes it merely goes into demo mode. I have a stack of old versions just not 8.75. I have earlier versions and later versions. So, there is the solution.

John