585,743 active members*
4,802 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    Ok. The STP file opened ok. Now we have some common ground to talk about. Are you running this on 4th axis with X0. to the right at the larger hub diameter and X- to the left?
    This part is on a mazak integrex multiaxis e420 5-axis lathe. The part is on the right chuck for clearance problems. x0 and yo are centerline of part. Z0 is locating face of part. Trailing edge face. ( right side face) The part should be in the correct orientation already. It really doesn't matter I just need someone who can get a good tool path around the blade. Everyone talks the talk but nowone is walking. I'm very close,but not there yet

@Shane - I am gonna back off this one and let you play with it. I actually have some pressing work due tomorrow. I know dtm is wanting some answers, if you can find a solution for him, that would be great. I am thinking the way to approach this is to section out 1/14 of the impeller (1 blade and 1/2 (+ about 0.010 for over lap) the distance of the hub between each blade on each side) and "repair" the surfaces as needed and create any extra check surfaces and geometry on new layers. Once this breakout is machining correctly with 4th axis rotary, that geometry can be Rotate - Copy into the other positions and then machine the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane123 View Post
    the x_z file, no go. same error as posted. the 2nd file you uploaded, i opened that and tried playing with it. my work pc hates you for it, lol. i could try here at home on my quad core on x5....... my work pc is an old server single core lag machine with x3
    Shoot me an email [email protected]. I have the entire part finished. Just the toolpath going around the blade isn't cleaning up in one small area. This will save you alot of time.

email sent dtm. the issue i am seeing with your 2nd file is missing surfaces. i haven't really done much at home on x5 other than open your first file and take a couple quick glances...... i will say that on the first file, from a glance your surfaces are mostly there since its not cut away like the 2nd file. once i get the finished file from you, maybe i can examine what you are having an issue with. also, if you could, add a note/title box and a line pointing to the area in question. i might not have an answer but i might be able unscramble it.......

and thanks tx..... lol....... my work pc takes about 7 minutes to load x3..... my home pc takes about 15 seconds to load x3 & x5 trying to generate backplotted tool paths at work was taking about 45 minutes per tool, lolol....... i built this pc to stream hd movies to 3 xbox 360's in the house at the same time, and it does so without lag, so mastercam is no issue here

Quote Originally Posted by Shane123 View Post
    email sent dtm. the issue i am seeing with your 2nd file is missing surfaces. i haven't really done much at home on x5 other than open your first file and take a couple quick glances...... i will say that on the first file, from a glance your surfaces are mostly there since its not cut away like the 2nd file. once i get the finished file from you, maybe i can examine what you are having an issue with. also, if you could, add a note/title box and a line pointing to the area in question. i might not have an answer but i might be able unscramble it.......

and thanks tx..... lol....... my work pc takes about 7 minutes to load x3..... my home pc takes about 15 seconds to load x3 & x5 trying to generate backplotted tool paths at work was taking about 45 minutes per tool, lolol....... i built this pc to stream hd movies to 3 xbox 360's in the house at the same time, and it does so without lag, so mastercam is no issue here
    Sorry so late I got tied up with my son.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9-27-2011 11-59-51 AM.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dtm View Post
    Sorry so late I got tied up with my son.
    Something must be wrong with the Impeller model. I just attached a mastercam and a gibbscam file. I'm not sure what parts they are I just wanted to see if I could upload these types of files. Weird.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Finally got this motha. Good thing because no one has seemed to have any luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dtm View Post
    Finally got this motha. Good thing because no one has seemed to have any luck.
    sweet, what was the issue? i just got on at home, had a few things to take care of before i could sit down at the pc......

Page 2 of 2 12