585,996 active members*
4,543 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FeatureCAM vs CAMWorks

FeatureCAM vs CAMWorks.
    Any one care to chime in? opinions welcome.
    We are looking at both, moving from Surfcam and Mastercam.
    Need to pick one.
    Please.

Eric

Eric
    I don't want to voice my opinion here because I am extremely biased against one of the products you mentioned. BUT I would like to know for my own education why you’re only looking at feature based systems.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCamMan View Post
    Eric
    I don't want to voice my opinion here because I am extremely biased against one of the products you mentioned. BUT I would like to know for my own education why you’re only looking at feature based systems.
    And I would like to know why you would want to give up on Surfcam and Mastercam? These two are about as good as it gets in CAM software. I’ve demo’d FeatureCam a number of times over the years and can’t see anything in it that would want me to throw away years of experience and then spend another 12K for something I already have. I can’t speak for Mastercam but I use Surfcam and it works just fine. I would love to see the interface updated but it makes good code and that’s what matters most.

Eric,

I know that you came to this forum looking for unbiased opinions, but as a Delcam employee, we'd love to talk to you more about our solutions. We pride ourselves on having a number of CAM solutions that target different markets. These solutions include PowerMILL, FeatureCAM, Delcam for Solidworks, Artcam and Partmaker. We'd be happy to discuss your particular situation. If you are interested in discussing this further, let me know.

Glenn McMinn
    Delcam
    [email protected]