585,685 active members*
4,725 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > How can I import text to mastercam as
Page 1 of 2 12

How can I import text to mastercam as

How can I change True Type Fonts into single line engraving fonts?

Is this possible?

Also, I have Mcam 9 and want to write 4 or 5 lines that need to be engraved.
    How can I write all 5 lines at once?

Please help if you can,
    Thanks

Item #1
    I'm not sure that you can change the true type fonts to a "stick" font. You would just have to look thru the fonts that you have loaded on your computer. There are also "custom" fonts that you can download and install all over the internet, try to find something that you like there.
    Item #2
    Could you give some more info on exactly what you are trying to do? The way I understand it is that you can "write" any thing that you want, then manipulate the geometry to do the 5 lines at once.
    WANNA GO FASTER

It looks like I can only type in 1 line of text.
    Is there a way of typing in a paragraph so
    it all comes in at the same time?

Its been a while since I used V9, but I think that after you type the first line hit enter then the cursor should go below that line.
    WANNA GO FASTER

If that doesn't work then do this:
    create points where you want each line in the paragraph to be then use that as your start point for the text.
    WANNA GO FASTER

Use some outside software to create a DXF file of the lines for your engraving and then import into MasterCAM.

ok I'll give both ideas a try.
    thanks

There is also another method, apart from the create letters

using the "create label" dimensioning function, you can do a great lot of characters
    - and play with size, space etc in one go to get it to look good...

- it is still classed as a single entity at this time & totally unselectable for machining geometry

.... but there is a function to "Convert to lines/arcs" to allow for selecting for machining ops

what you are doing is "exploding" the dimension back to its basic lines & arcs, and can be used on most dimensioning features

How do you get to "Create Label" in mcam9?

I may not have the correct V9 term, I'm now at X5 (- the old stuff is best forgotten )

but it is under Create Dimension ( possibly "Text" ),
    it comes up as a dialog box where you type the required phrase/s
    and set the additional options

- you can add single or multiple leaders ( arrows )
    - or even use the actual True Type Fonts

What version of V9 as V9.1 you can use any font that is in your computer. use create letters True Type the as stated creat each line or you creat drafting note were you can type all the lines you want.
    But before you start go to drafting fonts and set it for the font you want.
    after you place it you will need to use the option of Break drafting were it will change the drafting to lins and arcs.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

If you have 810D on your machine, you can directly select - Milling - then select Engraving. You can then select upto about 90 characters.

I don't know if you can convert text into component geometry.
    You might try writing the program in G code for any complex path, but this is easier if you use Autocad and transfer to your machine program.

I have a similar question.
    I need to find a Celtic Font, download it and then install into Mastercam X5.

If at all possible, instruct me in the simplest of terms, and assume I know nothing.
    Which is truer than you can imagine. " I know nothing" Sgt.Shultz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir you need to download the font to the Windows font directory and then when creating letters in MC make sure you set it for true font and it will list all the fonts on the computer.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Ok here is the font you need to add to the windows font folder and a picture after I added it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails celticlettersmc.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cadcam

Thank you very much
    Now I gave to figure out how to download the windows directory and then from there into MC

no you don't just copy the font to the windows directory and then when you go into MC to make the letters use True Font and scroll to ther font and you are done.
    Cadcam

Thanks again!
    I'll try it in the morning.

Installing the Celtic font iinto MC X5...........
    Ok, so i managed to install the Celtic font into the Control Panel....fonts..... It's in here along with all the other fonts.
    When I ope MC X5...Create, Letters, open True Type, it's not in there! I guess there is a way to load a new font into MC...i'm half way there. Any ideas?

It worked ! I had to turn off the computer, then turn it back on and it loaded.
    That was a nice simple font. I wonder if a slightly more ornate one is around in the Celtic font style . Thanks again ,

Page 1 of 2 12