585,994 active members*
4,600 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

McMaster Carr hates Canadians

I tried to order some stuff from McMaster Carr today. Here is the reply I got:

Due to the complexity of U.S. Export regulations, McMaster-Carr only accepts orders from our established customers in Canada. We’re sorry we can’t help you.

So I phoned them because I don't really remember it being that "complex" to ship to Canada. What I was told was they are a "very conservative" company who does not like to do business with Canada! Wow, didn't see that coming. I hope the recession hits them hard!

dont make a personal order, sent it to your work and it will go true

i make a few orders a year and send it to work.

Didn't you know:banana:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SDrqa-eTXU]South Park: Blame Canada Song & Video HD - YouTube[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by boboxx View Post
    dont make a personal order, sent it to your work and it will go true

i make a few orders a year and send it to work.
    I didn't make a personal order. I made a business order. I got the above response. If you are on their list, they'll ship but there isn't any way of getting on that list. Like I said, when I called the response about being a conservative company and not liking to ship to Canadian's floored me. I'll just find what I need elsewhere and hope they recession down there hits them hard. My money as they say is as green as the next guys.

Speaking of elsewhere, anyone know where to get G10/FR2 (black color preferred) in Canada (Hell, or the States if the price is right). I'm looking at 1/6" 0.063 or thereabouts thick. I need a small order first for prototyping and will go up from there. I'm looking for the NON clad stuff. No copper.

- Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post

LOL

Why don't you look at Misumi, Reid Supply just to name a couple, Misumi now imports to Canada with free brokerage.
    Does Johnston Plastics have what you need? they are a Canadian company for plastics and composites.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Try Warehouse Plastics in Brampton, Ontario. They are good to deal with and have a pretty good stock.

Warehoused plastics got bought by piedmont and closed down last winter. Mcmaster got thier hand slapped a few years ago by homeland security for selling to countries that may pose a security risk. That's why they are consevative. The story is online somewhere.
    Crashing Sucks!
    www.reliancemachine.com

Did you find your material? If so where? Check out www.frasers.com if not...they have a few links to suppliers there.

Warehoused Plastics did get bought out but Piedmont Pastics has a store at 938 Tapscott Road in Toronto (Scarborough) http://www.piedmontplastics.com

I bought some Kerk lead screws in the summer from them, no problem. But i do have a import broker.
    Try calling them on the phone and use a creditcard.