585,760 active members*
3,833 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Non-Freezing Plasma Quench?

Well it's getting to be that time of year. Been running my plasma/water table since spring running with just water and washing soda......zero problems and very, very little rust. I have my table located in a non-heated addition connected to my heated shop. Soooo......does anyone have a good recipe for a non-freezing plasma quench that wont cost me an arm & leg.....or that I will have issues with disposal?

Put a magnetic block heater on the bottom of the table, like you would put on an engine?
    Just a thought.

A stock tank heater....available at Tractor Supply or any agricultural supplier....works well for this.

Jim Colt

Thanks guys. How many of you guys have run your tables in sub-freezing temps? I've got a couple of concerns.....one being issues with the motors or electronics.....and two being the fact that I can see that any water that sprays up onto the V-rails or racks/pinions will instantly freeze and I can't imagine that will turn out well. Anyone have experience with this?

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Try some RV antfreez, you can dump that anywhere. Now I do not have a water table, but I will be looking into making one on my table. with a tank to hold the water when I route out wood.

PICO

Not trying to highjack anybodys thread,but this was the latest one on quench. Just wanted to let everybody know about Pico Chemicals, they have a product called Pico quench guard. I started out with a five gallon bucket about a year ago. It seems to work just like the koal quench,which by the way I was able to get one of their last buckets before they closed. Now my water table was getting very diluted from adding extra water. So today I ordered a 15 gallon barrel from Pico. Cost was 216 for the product and I believe 110 for shipping. Their web is www.picochemicals.com. Just thought I'd let others know it was available. HAPPY CUTTING,,,,,,,CURLY