585,949 active members*
3,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Plasma Torch Controller

Hello fellas out in cyber space, has anyone tried RC Enterprise's
    THC? It looks like the most bang for the buck. They have a neat Mach screen for the controller too. Their website is: www.trucutcnc.com.

Thanks

looks interesting, wonder if it will work on a torchmate?

I see they use it with a G540. This probly means it is not isolated as the G540 grounds to the motor grounds and amperage 60 and above can give you faults unless your grounded. I do not believe there is any THC that will work with the flashcut system except for the propietary system which is expensive and dated. Their system is most likey a boxed up version of Texas micro's thc301...ect or a CandCNC MP3000. Both havent ever been adapted to flashcut although many have tried and in frusteration went to Mach 3, MP3000 and CandCNC's motor controls. While many plasma and router mfgs like to sell you on their propietary control which is fine they also say Mach 3 is for hobbyists. Mach 3 is a full capable 6 axis+ system a that uses your PC's processing powerhouse for full motion. Before mach 3 was in place the Rubicon and Nymatix control was king with thousands of block of processing power per second. That controller was used in up to 8 axis machines to update these machine to breakneck speeds while multi axis profiling and 2d profiling. When Mach came around it allowed mfgs and hobbyists to accurately control these axis without the 20-25K pricetag. To date there are about 50 CNC plasma mfgs that use Mach 3 from Koike to Bulltear its an unbeatable system for these machines offering more flexibility than anything else on the market bar none. Its a good system if you want to retrofit.

Back to the OPs question its hard to say which control they are using but it looks alot like a custom enclosed THC301.
    Now featuring Plasmaland online

Actually, we haven't used the G540 for some time now. Just haven't updated the photos. We now use G201X's with the PMDX-126 board.

Our THC is not a re-boxed version of Sound Logic or CandCNC. We used the Sound Logic THC for a little while but it did not meet our needs. Our THC is developed around a PLC and has internal signal conditioning for tip voltage stabilization and galvanic isolation.

Functionally, it operates similar in that it uses the THC Up and Down commands in Mach for Z motion. Unlike the other two, all operational parameters are adjustable from the Mach screen. It uses a Modbus connection to Mach3.

We're in the process of redesigning the standard THC which will no longer be housed in a separate box. It will be part of the controller. We will then modify the existing THC so the PLC drives the Z axis directly via a PID loop.

This is not meant as solicitation. I just wanted to clear up the misconceptions about our THC.

does this mean it cannot be used with the G540? I'm shopping for a good THC to work with the G540 on my new table and found this thread and got excited until reading your post.. hahaha. Please let me know!

Thanks

Chris

!