584,808 active members*
5,362 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > New Hermes Vanguard 7000

New Hermes Vanguard 7000

Looking to get a used Vanguard 7000 I recently aquired up and running, need speed control repaired to get spindle motor to run, and software to run it. My deliema is which way to go keep setup factory and run Engrave lab like it is, or re wire the whole mess and go for a new controller and run using mach3. Any pro's or cons either way would like to keep it inexpensive but don't want to go the route that makes me want to re do the whole thing in a few months because of not being able to be versitlile.
    Thanks for any help,
    Craig

Hello I'm Roger,
    I am A Millwright / industrial mechanic, I work in the lumber industry, the company I work for was selling of some old assets one being a Hermes Vanguard 7000 witch I have at home now all 300 pounds of it, I've not plug it in yet, am waiting for it to acclimate to it's new home, I've worked with it be fore so I know some of it's quarks.

My problem at this time is I don't have a computer that will run it, it use to run on a dos program, so I need to know what my options are. And what that will set me back in $$$$.

So greetings to all, and thanks for your help.
    I'm sure I bee coming here allot will mastering the new machine.
    Roger

Vanguard 7000

Hey Roger,
    I never got any answers here but I did get my machine up and running on the cheap. One source for info and parts is Quality One engravers they have a web site and have parts and info on our machines. They do upgrade kits and such also but the upgraded controlers were out of my budget for the time being (in the range of 2-4 thousand). I found 2 ways to run mine one is a driver called Plotall that cost around $400.00 and it creates the toolpaths, and the HPGL code for driving the engraver. the other option is Engravelab which is around $1000.00. I went ahead and bought EngraveLab and it's been running great for me. Ive been able to pay for the software and make a little money and still tinker with some stuff on my own doing plastic and metal identification plates, and stuff. Hope this helps, if you need any more info let me know.
    -Craig

hi Craig:
    Thanks for the info. Glad to here you have your unit making some cash for you, I hope to do the same.