584,814 active members*
5,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Bypassing door hold and door locks on 2011 VF?

Bypassing door hold and door locks on 2011 VF?

Can someone tell me how to get past these damn CE door locks and door override settings on a shiny new 2011 VF? After having older Haas machines where I can just turn off the door hold in the settings, having to close the doors to change tools gets really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by locash View Post
    Can someone tell me how to get past these damn CE door locks and door override settings on a shiny new 2011 VF? After having older Haas machines where I can just turn off the door hold in the settings, having to close the doors to change tools gets really annoying.
    lol.. It took me awhile to figure it out too. Just hit "setting" "51" "arrow down" "arrow on" "Write" "Y to accept change" It will go to the right page.

It takes awhile to figure out the new interface but I love it now!

Geof, thanks for the education on the use of the search feature. Unfortunately, none of those threads had the answer I was hoping for, so we're back at the top..

Toymaker, thanks for the help, but that only works on my older machines, the brand new machine (software version 18.02D I think), does not have setting 51 anymore.. If I have to, I'll start studying the wiring on the door lock switches, but I was hoping that someone had a simpler plan like you suggested..

Lowcash
    I read them all thinking the same thing. you will have to do what "NEW Vf4 door locks" did. read both of those threads. esentually you need to disconnect the door switchs. I think its at the bottom of the post.

there is no Software for the new machines., also as someone said you have to hook it back up if the haas rep comes to work on it as they WILL NOT work on the machine if its disconnected.

this door lock **** is for the birds. I like the g51 setting for the simple reason I have a choice, like stupid people in my shop being nosey opening doors why the machines running Or my kids running the machines.
    the new Law/way blows big time.

Delw

Here I will make it easier for you

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    Back on topic, I think wiring a simple and cheap SPDT toggle switch in place of the door switches would be the best way to bypass the door switch override problem. You can cycle the doors (toggle switch) during startup, then just leave the doors (switch) closed for the rest of the day. You have to be carefull with that though since a SMTC will be able to run at 100% with the doors physically open.

Ofcourse, if you harm yourself or others by doing this, you probably deserved it and it's not my fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfish View Post
    Hi all,
    Well the only solution to this is to remove the 4 bolts that hold the door locks(2 on each door lock ), then cycle one of them in the morning, and you are good to go for the rest of the day. The locks will slide on the top of the doors,so a little teflon tape on the bottom of them , will keep the paint from getting rubbed off of the door.

Do not forget to replace the screws if you call in a Haas Tech. ( he will not work on the machine with the locks disabled).

We are going to try making a key for the door lock. It look simple to make.

Quote Originally Posted by locash View Post
    I'm probably breaking some international laws but who gives rat’s a$$.
    I made c-clips and put them right over the switches. I'm done forever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000003.jpg   000002.jpg   000001.jpg  

Won't work on new machines..

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Won't work on new machines..
    Can you provide more details and a photo. I would love to hack the new machine

The typical off the shelf door and interlock switches have an actuator (key) that when triggering the switch has a two stage operation, IOW the key strikes two operators in the switch for it to register, to avoid simple 'jimmying'.
    I have made a striker or key for these before, but I am not sure if these are what are fitted to Haas unless there is a make/model on the switch.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Euchner Tp4-414M110M

I have already successfully bypassed ours. Yes you can use just the key latch, however you still need to cycle the switch on power up. I used a relay and a push button, since we removed the enclosure. Push button once before servo on, and everything is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Euchner Tp4-414M110M

I have already successfully bypassed ours. Yes you can use just the key latch, however you still need to cycle the switch on power up. I used a relay and a push button, since we removed the enclosure. Push button once before servo on, and everything is happy.
    Mystery solved. Now I can buy a new machine. Thank you.