584,858 active members*
4,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > mastercam x5 on arrow 1000

mastercam x5 on arrow 1000

I just got mastercam put on my Cincinnati milacron (arrow 1000) and I don't know what machine setting to use for the machine. I tried a couple different ones but the G21 comes up and my machine doesn't recognize it. If anyone knows what to set it to please tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by getting better View Post
    I just got mastercam put on my Cincinnati milacron (arrow 1000) and I don't know what machine setting to use for the machine. I tried a couple different ones but the G21 comes up and my machine doesn't recognize it. If anyone knows what to set it to please tell me.
    What do you mean, "I just got mastercam put on..." ? Do you mean you installed MasterCAM software into the machine control?

No, its hook through a network. sorry I didn't specify. using the software to run the machine is just a bit diffrent. I have been manually programing for about 5 months on this machine.

to remove the g21 requires a post mod or different post. if the rest of the code is good modifying that post would be the best move. i would be happy to mod this for you if you would like to send it to me.

doug

Quote Originally Posted by getting better View Post
    So, I think what you mean is that you are using MasterCAM software to output G-code for your Cincinnati Milacron Arrow 1000. The G-code that is currently being output has a G21 in it that is causing an error when you attempt to run it on your machine.

What Machine Definition and Control Definition are you using? What post-processor are you using? Have you tried changing the post-processor used to see if you get different results?

Thanks for the help. I went to an old version of mastercam and had to import the control file and pst file for the machine. I got it working with the correct g code . thanks again
    I'm sure i will have other troubles working out the bugs.
    jason