584,833 active members*
5,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > MC X6 to be released!!
Page 1 of 2 12

MC X6 to be released!!

Supposedly X6 will be released on Oct 31 2011!! Looking forward to it.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Woo hoo! More BS and backward compatibility issues to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    What you trying to say BS like what and I figure you are talking about the backward compatibility that it does not support the paths?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    What you trying to say BS like what and I figure you are talking about the backward compatibility that it does not support the paths?
    Is there a question in there? If there was, then, basically yes. Will probably be MX6 file extension and won't open in X5.

Ok yes there was, What are talking about when you say BS?
    Just wondering your thoughts.

PS yes the files will be a MCX-6 file formate
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    No quality software is backward compatable.

Delcam won't open a file that was done in a later version
    -same goes for Catia or BobCAD, even MSword won't go into an earlier versin
    & Blue-Rays can't be played on a CD ROM

I wouldn't like to take a contour path that has had the start/finish points shortened, and post it thru a V9.0 version, GOD only knows what it was meant to be, as well as the person that originally programmed it.

The BS only occurs when procedures are not followed or fully understood by those lacking true programming experience, ( 2000 hours is not a lot of experience, that's only 250 x 8 hour days - less than a year )

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post

I wouldn't like to take a contour path that has had the start/finish points shortened, and post it thru a V9.0 version, GOD only knows what it was meant to be, as well as the person that originally programmed it.

The BS only occurs when procedures are not followed or fully understood by those lacking true programming experience, ( 2000 hours is not a lot of experience, that's only 250 x 8 hour days - less than a year )
    Nice slam! Don't worry about it though. I won't hold it against you.

Jesus!! Is that all people do anymore is complain about how software companies screw them over!!!

As Superman said: things change, stuff improves, and you can stick around if you want; but I'm not!

Hell, we all might as well go back to Ver 9 or BobCrap.....(flame2)

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post

Hmm that is forward compatible.... Backward compatible is V6 opening V5 files...

bob

i think people are just now getting used to how to work x5, so with x6 coming out, fears of having to relearn a new layout gets tedious. With that being said, the reason I always liked Okuma OSP controls is that you could walk up to an old lb15 or a new crown and everything was layed out the same, hardly any learing curve over the years. from x3 to x5 there is a big jump, so most are hoping that x5 to x6 isnt a jump, more like updated software efficiency. just my take....

X3 to X5? LOL. I did not even like most of the changes between X3 and X4. just because someone else calls something an improvement does not really make it one. I have not found the improvement between Windows 7 and XP yet. And now they want to dump 8 on me? The number one reason to make software NOT backward compatible is money. I am thinking to get in on that action myself. I can hook up with a Perl programmer and put together a little program to parse a file and output it to other versions (formats). If I did it and sold it for $50 a copy, would you buy it? ROFLMBO

TXcncman, thanks for reply to my question. I see we all have our openions and that is what is nice about this place. Good or bad
    Have at it and make lots of money. you never know it may take off like a rocket if you can make it work.
    Cadcam

I wonder if it'll have special thread profile generation in no more than 3 clicks
    (probably not)
    have not seen any useful additions in a long time
    the stuff that gets fixed/added is usually to please big multi-national corporations with multi-user licenses. the little guys usually just get screwed-over.

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    I have not seen any useful additions in a long time
    I have, quite a few actually. I would definitely be considered a small shop I'm sure, averaging less than 10 operators and just as many CNC machines...

There have been several improvements that have saved me considerable machine time, or improved tool life dramatically. No, I'm not saying it's the best platform - it's what I have and I am making money in part due to the application of the software.

I do look forward to seeing what X6 adds to the menu.

Im especially excited to see opti-rest and stock model creation/tracking. I am hoping that the stock tracking works better than some of the rest by previous ops do.

Quote Originally Posted by neurosis View Post
    Im especially excited to see opti-rest and stock model creation/tracking. I am hoping that the stock tracking works better than some of the rest by previous ops do.

^^^^^^ +10000

Along with hopefully easier Chaining techniques for the 2D HST paths.

I wonder if it'll have special thread profile generation in no more than 3 clicks
    (probably not)
    I also expect that they have special cutting thread program such as buttress, eue, npt or premium thread such as vam, HSL, AB, etc just in few click.

Well I have 103,922,341.1 hours of experience on CAM programs. I've used every version of MasterCAM, EdgeCAM, CAMworks, SolidCAM, BobCAM, GibbsCAM, and AwesomeCAM. I have a special program I've invented that will allow me to move files from any version from any manufacturer without problems. I just finished writing the code to convert X8 programs to V5 files. Yeah X8, the one that hasn't come out yet. You never know when that'll come in handy. I'm better than you...nah nah nah nah boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecmdrw5 View Post
    Well I have 103,922,341.1 hours of experience on CAM programs.
    that makes you 11863.28 years in the trade, plus pre school, school and training, when do you sleep man?
    HAAS TM-2
    Mastercam X4/X5 - Level 3 - Solids @ work / HLE @ home

Quote Originally Posted by Ecmdrw5 View Post
    I'm better than you...nah nah nah nah boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.
    It's good to get a great laugh first thing in the morning !

Page 1 of 2 12