584,841 active members*
4,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > NM135 Oiler on Z ballscrew??

NM135 Oiler on Z ballscrew??

Can someone check their 135, and see how their Z ballscrew is oiled?

I went in the back of the machine for the first time in a while, and the Z ballscrew was fairly dry. I also found an oil line had fallen off one of the two Z dovetails - but for the life of me, I couldn't find an oil line for the Z ballscrew. Anyone know how it receives lube??

Z oil line

This is a picture of the oil line on the z axis of my nm135. It comes off the same block as the z dovetails and drips onto the ballscrew.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nm135zoiler.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	143591

Thanks Rayoung! my attached pic shows the Z ballscrew. If I am interpreting your picture correctly, it seems I am missing the oiler manifold which you have. Please correct me if I am wrong.

My mill was delivered Apr09.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mill.jpg  

I got mine about a year later and noticed in the pic that your Z axis limit switch tabs are different. They have one like that at their shop that I was looking at which has the covers off but I didn't notice what it had for oiling the Z ballscrew. That was a while back. Mine does have an oil manifold on the moving part of the Z axis.

Quote Originally Posted by rayoung View Post
    I got mine about a year later and noticed in the pic that your Z axis limit switch tabs are different. They have one like that at their shop that I was looking at which has the covers off but I didn't notice what it had for oiling the Z ballscrew. That was a while back. Mine does have an oil manifold on the moving part of the Z axis.
    Novakon transitioned from mechanical to magnetic limitswitches in the name of better reliability of the magnetics; I think mine was in the transition time, and was thus equipped (and wired) with both.