585,991 active members*
6,540 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EZ TRAK SOFTWARE HELP

Hello just purchased a 1998 Bridgeport ez trak BPCZM used mill, wired it up cut power on everthing seam to come up ok, (we have never used ez trak before) homed everthing ok started to try some manual test runs and noticed the descriptions on the keys on the monitur do not come up everything works ok by looking up the keys in manual, pics below, we try to start up the machine with the floppy disc installed and it goes to the energy screen and says del flashing f4 then screen goes black and just sits there wont do anything till i reboot without the disc I tries a differnt floppy drive same problem I tried the floppy disc in my laptop it want to change my laptop over to eztrac so its seams to be working ok, can anyone help with this problem.

this is a pic off the net of what is should look like

What does BPCZM stand for?
    A EZTRAK from 1998 should boot from the hard drive.
    You may need to check the CMOS settings as they may have gone to default. If so there is no guarantee if it will boot correctly (read the hard drive or floppy correctly).
    Or it may have corrupted software. Best advice for long term reliability would be to get a DOM preloaded with software from EMI-inc.net
    If the CMOS battery is dead, it has to be replaced. Probably is a Ni-Cad and if it leaks will kill your mother board. It is soldered on. Then CMOS set.
    Search this forum. This is a very common issue.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

EZtrak display

I noticed that the display is showing only three decimal places. That would indicate that it is in the metric mode. I have heard that you shouldn't shut these machines down in the metric mode. Try switching back to inch mode then reboot??? Maybe George can tell us if this is a possible solution....

Pete

No luck

Pic below of where I got the bpc2m it is on the keyboard I am not sure what it stands for, we rebooted with standard number setting, no luck did not bring up key descriptions on monitor, I looked at the battery no sign of leakage, mill was purchased as rebuilt no telling if this was replaced I will order replacement, anyone else have any ideas greatly appreciated, thanks for the help.