Ok, after MUCH trouble getting a fresh load restored to my shop PC I've got it back hooked up, at least enough to get the motors running.

I restored the OS from the first time I set it up. No updates were applied. I removed the old Mach3 folder and did a fresh install of the latest dev release of Mach3. I loaded the latest ESS plugin.

I build a new profile from scratch, every pin/port and motor setting. I haven't even tested the home switches yet and currently have the motor tuning set conservatively.

I just finished running my test files that jogged each axis one inch and back 50 times. Previously each axis was off around 10 thou. after this.

Well, each axis returned to zero on the indicators (analog for the X and Y, digitial for the Z).

OMG !!!

I don't want to get too excited after all I've been through. The guts of my original control box are spewn about like a grenade went off in there. Only minimal hookup remain. Weeks and weeks of frustration, so I'm not ready to count my chickens before they hatch fully.

But ya know what? I don't care, looks like the damn think is finally working :banana:

Gerry, thanks so much for the suggestion. I have to admit I really didn't have a lot of faith in this but your experience holds a lot of weight with me. Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU

Ok, I'm going to quit bragging before I anger the gods. I'm going to go play some more and see about getting the home switches working.

Cheers all, beers on me :cheers:

BobL.