Dear Forum,

I know this might not be the correct place to put this particular post however I have not found the correct thread where this topic would go under. Here is the issue we are having at the shop right now. We have a Brown&Sharpe Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) PFx with a Sharpe II Controller. Right now I am trying to install the software PC-DMIS on a new computer however the port lock is not being detected.

I have call the 1-800 number for Brown&Sharpe to provide for troubleshooting and technical support. The technician that assisted me said he would look upon the port lock key, however I am still waiting for a reply. Now what I wanted to know if there are open source software for CMM. I have done a google search on open source and found EMC2 software for Linux operating system supposely it could be program for a CMM machine.

What recommendations can you provide me going forward in retrofitting this CMM machine? Does anyone have the diagrams or blueprints of the Sharpe II Controller? The CMM supposely have to bring it with it however I have not found it yet.

Thanks,

Julio A. Cruz
Software Programmer
Zion Tools Inc.
5301 Old Pooled Rd.
Raleigh, NC. 2760
(919) 714-2103
[email protected]