585,781 active members*
4,057 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

VariAxis Programmer salay?

Just trying to figure out if I'm on the same pay scale as other Variaxis programmers. I make $21/hr. I program and run (Mazatrol and G-code) a Variaxis 730-2 and also program and run another Mazak mill on a daily basis. I can also program mazak lathes and a horizontal. Very fluent in all aspects of Mazak (ie. Mazatrol 3D, repair, parameters, and macro programming) Excellent with Autocad, BobCam, and Solidworks. Im just trying to see how I stack up to other comperable people. Let me know what you people are getting paid.

Edit: I started machining 16 years ago with no experiance. And have been at my current company for 7 years.

Pay rates are not just based off of what you can do. They are also based off of years of experience, seniority in a company, and who you know. I have made anywhere from $7.50 an hour to $60.00 an hour. Currently I make $40.00 an hour as a contractor. I might work zero hours in a week or I might work 60 hours in a week. You do the math. Oh, as a contract employee, I do not get time and a half after 40 hours.

at 21 bucks an hour you're getting ripped off. our unskilled laborers get more than that!
    I guess it depends on what company you work for and if you like your job. Money isn't everything
    you might want to go looking for a better paid job if you are highly skilled at programming and are not getting the rate you deserve. I'm sure there are plenty of companies out there looking for people that know their stuff