585,982 active members*
4,549 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > New X5+, some quick questions

New X5+, some quick questions

Hi all

I've recently taken delivery of a Syil X5+, running on Mach 3 and using the metric Syil setup file from the Syil US webpage.

I have a few problems/questions, here we go.

1, Limit switches, they dont seem to do anything for limiting the axis travel when jogging in both manual and CNC mode. It'll just jog straight past the limit switch. In the Mach diagnostics page I can see the switches lighting up when I press them manually and they seem to do the right thing when I home the machine in mach. Is this just how it is or should the switches limit travel at all times?

2, I cant get the MPG to work with Mach, I'm guessing its a config thing but I cant find it. Any ideas?

Other than these issues it seems to be a nice machine, looking forward to getting stuck into some proper jobs with it.

Regards

Bedfo

1, Limit switches, they dont seem to do anything for limiting the axis travel when jogging in both manual and CNC mode. It'll just jog straight past the limit switch. In the Mach diagnostics page I can see the switches lighting up when I press them manually and they seem to do the right thing when I home the machine in mach. Is this just how it is or should the switches limit travel at all times?

did you use the xlm which for your machines,?
    monday,we will provide a xlm for you,give me your email address.

2, I cant get the MPG to work with Mach, I'm guessing its a config thing but I cant find it. Any ideas?

MPG not working on the cnc mode,only works at manual mode.
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Wow, what a fast response!

1. Yes I am using the xlm file as recomended by Hugh at Syil UK, it was downloaded from here Syil America - Support
    I have sent you a PM with my email address, looking forward to trying your xlm file.

2. Ok thank you, I will stop trying to figure that one out now!!

Thanks!

Bedfo

Quote Originally Posted by bedfo View Post
    1, Limit switches, they dont seem to do anything for limiting the axis travel when jogging in both manual and CNC mode.
    Config menu>port and pins>input signals tab> enable X++ and x-- with the same parameters as X Home. Do this for Y and Z axis. Now if you push the limit switch after referencing it will trigger an e-stop
    Not designed to be used under mach3 control, I designed an interface to attach the MPG to a second parallel port to be used with mach3, very handy! Check this post or contact me if you want a ready made unit + extra parallel port.

Pablo
    ● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

Hi Syil

Any progress with the xlm file you mentioned? I have not had anything on the email, did you get the private message I sent?

Email address is mrbedfo@googlemaildotcom

Regards

Bedfo

i have been sent email to you..thank you
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through