584,865 active members*
4,916 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bare Bones machine

Does anyone know of a company producing bare bone mills ready to have all the electronics added? I like the dimensions of the X6 and the Novakon NM200 but would rather not have to depend on there customer service. Plus I'm looking to use Flashcut on whatever machine I retrofit. I've searched the internet and really havent came across anything. Other than starting with a Bridgeport type machine or similar. I was very close to purchasing a X6 but still just a little unsure. Any feedback would be great.
    Blake

Blakea1790,

You can search on "Alibaba" for "cnc frame" machines. Alibaba returns a few "agents" and "GOOD CNC" in China who sell bare-bones machines. You will need to import, which is not such a big hassle as you may think. The only issue you will have is probably ZERO backup and after sales service. You pay your money and take your chances.
    Link as below

CNC milling machine frame direct from

I am considering a bare-bones 650L frame but its a gamble on quality. Looks like GOOD CNC make the "Syil" frames.

Hope this helps
    Chevalier

bare bones CNC

cncchina,

Can you advise me on quality of GOOD CNC product. I would like to purchase 650L frame but am reluctant to place order without knowing quality of product or is there a more rigid frame of better quality.
    I cannot even get a set of photos of the frame, only one photo sent with quote.
    Any other suppliers and products available with pricing
    Any advise appreciated.

Regards
    Greg

GOOD CNC ?
    I have never visited the factory. From data, its performance can not be concluded out.
    I have seen the internal structure of the post. If I design it, I would correct the structure into support structure. Then, the strength and rigidity would be better.

If they are slide rail and LM rail, the thermal deformation should also be controlled. Cooling and lubrication are necessary. I would adopt internal cooling (not external cooling). Of course, this would influence cost.

For the 650, I know better machines and factories,

However, it appears that only 490 mm X 6

cncchina

Thanks for the feedback on "GOOD CNC". Can you advise on factories supplying quality CNC frames around the 650L size.

Regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by chevalier View Post
    cncchina

Thanks for the feedback on "GOOD CNC". Can you advise on factories supplying quality CNC frames around the 650L size.

Regards
    Greg
    Chevalier,
    Be wary of Good CNC and any other Chinese supplier who asks for payment or a big deposit in advance. I wanted to order a machine and they promised 30-45 day delivery and asked for full payment in advance. Instead, I had my bank prepare a letter of credit and gave them 90 days to deliver just to be safe. 90 days passed and no machine. Lots of e-mails and excuses, but no machine. The letter of credit expired and I had to pay a few hundred in fees to my bank, but at least I was not out the entire amount.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalmdi View Post
    Chevalier,
    Be wary of Good CNC and any other Chinese supplier who asks for payment or a big deposit in advance. I wanted to order a machine and they promised 30-45 day delivery and asked for full payment in advance. Instead, I had my bank prepare a letter of credit and gave them 90 days to deliver just to be safe. 90 days passed and no machine. Lots of e-mails and excuses, but no machine. The letter of credit expired and I had to pay a few hundred in fees to my bank, but at least I was not out the entire amount.

you can buy from us.at least can get it in time.
    but like US,i prefer customer buy from dealers,more easy,and have good service..
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    you can buy from us.at least can get it in time.
    but like US,i prefer customer buy from dealers,more easy,and have good service..
    OK- who is your USA dealer and how do I contact them?

digitalmdi

Thanks for the feedback on GOOD CNC. Perhaps they need to be more focused on delivering what they say.
    Looks like they have lost another potential customer.
    Pitty, it was the right sized for my shop. Oh well, guess I keep looking for a reasonable second hand machine.

Did you end up with a machine from another supplier or buy a second hand one?

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by digitalmdi View Post
    Chevalier,
    Poor people, but does have a lot of manufacturers for a long time, usually 60-90 days, 30 days is impossible, because China screw missing, so he can not guarantee the time, and the spot futures price should be lower than the warehouse, less 5%,
    My advice, you should choose a large factory, visit the warehouse, at least find a friend to see China may be a good idea,

cncchina

Regards
    Greg

Maybe some pictures for reference.However, I believe my eyes either.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...ml#post1009763

digitalmdi

Thanks for the feedback on GOOD CNC. Perhaps they need to be more focused on delivering what they say.
    Looks like they have lost another potential customer.
    Pitty, it was the right sized for my shop. Oh well, guess I keep looking for a reasonable second hand machine.

Greg
    Greg,
    There are some other factors to consider before trying the " China Direct" route.
    You may be able to get a price quote lower than your local dealer, but it will most likely be higher than what they pay. Just for example, suppose the retail price from the dealer is 2500.00. The Chinese might offer the machine to you for 1200.00 which sounds like a big saving. However, because the dealer buys in container lots he may only pay 1000.00.
    Here in USA, banks charge about 300.00 to issue and negotiate an international Letter of Credit. Unless you can do your own customs clearance, a broker will charge about 250.00 to do your entry. LCL freight on a single machine like you are talking about will be in the 6-700.00 range.
    Adding the machine, freight, bank fees and import brokerage, you will end up paying around 23-2400.00- almost retail.
    The dealer, on the other hand probably orders 10 machines in a 20' container, so his LC fees and import brokerage fees are spread over 10 machines. ( these fees are the same regardless of the size of the order), so each of his machines carry about a 55.00 cost. A 20' container from Shanghai to most US ports costs about 1500.00, so the freight he pays per machine is only around 150.00. Adding the 1000.00 per machine price, the bank, broker and freight fees, he has only about 1200.00 invested. Knowing these basics, in this economy, you could probably walk into his showroom with cash in hand and walk out with a machine for 15-1800.00 and both of you would be happy.
    There is a place -where you can research records of all the importers and find where the machines come from, how many they order and the price they pay.
    Import Genius : U.S. Customs Database and Competitive Intelligence Tools

sharpshooter90

Thanks for the reply. You make valid points to consider, most of them I am aware of.
    My issue is range and "rigidity" of machines available. I live in Australia so my options are limited. I have considered the Mikini 1610L, Syil X7 and Tormach PC1100. Syil and Tormach have agents in Australia, Mikini I would need to import. All these machines have their good points but none of them tick all of the boxes for me.
    I have seen 2 Syil X7 machines and viewed videos of the Mikini and Tormach. The owners of the Syil machines both said that 1mm deep cut in aluminium with a 16mm dia insert cutter was all the mill could take before chatter set in.
    Videos of the Tormach appear to indicate the same level of metal removal whilst the Mikini may be able to take a slightly bigger cut, however this is my perception of the video clip on youtube. I would love to see a Tormach and Mikini in the flesh to confirm the metal removal rate. A friend has ordered a Mikini so I am waiting on its arrival to be better informed on this brand. I have to say that the delivery time on Mikini has been EXTREMELY long.
    All I want is a machine that can take a reasonable cut in STEEL, Cast iron, Stainless as well as aluminium. That is why I started to look at "bare bones" machines from China. They have frames slightly larger with hopefully increased rigidity, although this is not guaranteed.
    I know importing from China is not for the faint hearted. I have feedback from a few CNCzoner's that machines don't arrive, quality is not great or parts missing.
    A good second hand "ROBOdrill" would be perfect for me but these are very rare.
    Most second hand machines in Australia have progressed to the next stage in the life cycle of CNC's - that of "boat anchor" and not worth the trouble of rebuilding.

I live in hope that somewhere out there in the world someone will manufacture a cnc mill which is well designed with FEA analysis of the castings, capable of reasonable metal removal rate. MRR between the hobby machines (slow nibble at soft aluminium) and the industrial machines.
    Perhaps I should have a go at building the ultimate cnc mill. Don't think I will live long enough.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter90 View Post
    Greg,
    There are some other factors to consider before trying the " China Direct" route.
    You may be able to get a price quote lower than your local dealer, but it will most likely be higher than what they pay. Just for example, suppose the retail price from the dealer is 2500.00. The Chinese might offer the machine to you for 1200.00 which sounds like a big saving. However, because the dealer buys in container lots he may only pay 1000.00.
    Here in USA, banks charge about 300.00 to issue and negotiate an international Letter of Credit. Unless you can do your own customs clearance, a broker will charge about 250.00 to do your entry. LCL freight on a single machine like you are talking about will be in the 6-700.00 range.
    Adding the machine, freight, bank fees and import brokerage, you will end up paying around 23-2400.00- almost retail.
    The dealer, on the other hand probably orders 10 machines in a 20' container, so his LC fees and import brokerage fees are spread over 10 machines. ( these fees are the same regardless of the size of the order), so each of his machines carry about a 55.00 cost. A 20' container from Shanghai to most US ports costs about 1500.00, so the freight he pays per machine is only around 150.00. Adding the 1000.00 per machine price, the bank, broker and freight fees, he has only about 1200.00 invested. Knowing these basics, in this economy, you could probably walk into his showroom with cash in hand and walk out with a machine for 15-1800.00 and both of you would be happy.
    There is a place -where you can research records of all the importers and find where the machines come from, how many they order and the price they pay.
    Import Genius : U.S. Customs Database and Competitive Intelligence Tools
    I know that other options, not so much, and probably can not imagine, and sometimes, not even freight rates, but China's factories are generally FOB price.

I think you see are CNC milling machine, strict, they are drilling the transformation version, contains these models, X 7 is a CNC structure, rigid column strength is also good, the other I think is not good. Column no support structure, vibrations.

Slide the table is very long, large deformation of the upper and lower limit position size.
    I still like machining center or milling machine structure.

Have time, I chart for everyone to see, analyze differences, which have great speed and accuracy of the relationship

In addition, many factories can provide customized services, I always own design and finite element analysis, and then in a factory manufacturing (casting and CNC machining), and then assemble and cheaper way than buying the finished product, but a lot of fun,

cncchina,

Are you saying the X7 is a good design? Rigid and able to take a reasonable cut is steel?