585,589 active members*
3,122 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > FANUC O-T CONTROL LOST PARAMETERS

Angry FANUC O-T CONTROL LOST PARAMETERS

HAD TO WIPE MEMORY DUE TO A 930 CPU INTERRUPT ALARM.DIDN'T HAVE ALL THE CORRECT PARAMETERS FOR THE MACHINE BECAUSE THE COMPANY THAT RETROFITTED IT IS OUT OF BUSINESS.IT IS AN AMERICAN LATHE 3220 WITH A FANUC O-T CONTROL.WE HAVE FANUC COMING DOWN TODAY OR MONDAY NOT SURE IF THEY CAN FIX IT BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT OPTIONS WHERE ON IT.I THINK I HAVE ALL THE PARAMETERS EXCEPT THE OPTIONS.I JUST HOPE I AM NOT WASTING MONEY BY HAVING THEM COME AS THEY CHARGE $145.00 AN HOUR.DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY WILL BE ABLE TO FIX IT SINCE IT WAS A RETROFITTED MACHINE?WE REALLY NEED THIS MACHINE UP AND RUNNING SOON IT IS ONE OF THE MACHINE'S THAT IS BEHIND ON IT'S WORK.

Fanuc OT

Please send the machine serial number , and the Machine tool builder name , If possible The mother Board number , Is it model A /B and the spindle drive is Analogue or Digital. i will do the help to made the machine run regards = [email protected]

AMERICAN LATHE COMPANY UNITURN 3220WX120 MACHINE SERIAL NUMBER IS 80138-78. FANUC MAINBOARD NUMBER IS SERIAL NUMBER 3200008994.THE PERSON WHO RETROFITTEF THE MACHINE WAS Leinart Machine & Automation
    Address: 3941 Highway 411
    City: Madisonville
    State: Tennessee, US
    Zip Code: 37354
    Telephone: (423) 442-1002
    THEY ARE NO LONGER IN BUSINESS.
    THE SPINDLE DRIVE IS A SAFTRONICS DIGITAL DC DRIVE
    DCM6+/DCM12+

Hindsight I know, but it is a 5min job to save all parameters, including 900's.
    A PM sent.
    Al.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

We had fanuc come out today he worked all day on it got it going except for the x axis would not home out.Then at about 1:30 this afternoon we where at the machine and the screen just all of a sudden went haywire.Well he shut off the machine and started it up and then the 930 cpu interrupt alarm came back on and wouldn't start back up.He ordered another mainboard and a cable for x axis and will be back monday.Does anyone think the encoder for x may be out?Since it will not home out.or possibly a drive gone bad.

What do you mean by not home, does it seek the home switch but not slow down when it hits it, or?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

the x will not zero out so that you can set it.so it doesn't know where it is at.

there is a parameter for the maximum stroke (and thus the home position) of each axis. try checking that to see if its set correctly.

@dodge - So, after spending over 14 hours on this experience with a machine still down, are you going to make sure all of the parameters on all your machines are backed up now?

Just curious.

thought about that last night and will tell the fanuc guy monday about the stroke setting.The machine we got the parameters from has a bigger x axis.still don't know why it keeps getting the 930 alarm unless there's a short somewhere.yes will definitely back up the payameters if we ever get it back running right again.

possibly some of these.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0t-stroke.jpg  

930 alarm

930 means CPU interrupt alarm. The CPU is located in the master PCB.
    About the X home position you need to check the dec switch for that axis. Also, maybe a parameter for the stroke setting.
    Try (P and CAN) at power on and then home the axis. (P and CAN) at power on will neglect the parameters for the stroke so becareful when you home the axis.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    @dodge - So, after spending over 14 hours on this experience with a machine still down, are you going to make sure all of the parameters on all your machines are backed up now?

Just curious.
    So I am to assume that you are “that guy” who has never made a mistake???? I am starting to think that based on the relentless sarcasm that you give people when they ask how to fix a problem that they are having and you insist on offering advise of what they did wrong??

Stevo

Yeah, I get that impression too, Stevo.

We got it going but it still comes up with the 930 cpu interrupt alarm.It didn't come on for about 4 hours after he had it up yesterday.Will run it today and see how long it will stay up.The fanuc guy is coming back he said he would bring a power supply with him.That's the last thing left to try if that doesn't fix it he said it's probably a short somewhere.I think the drive's or the drive motor's maybe going bad also.When you are feeding the machine and crank the feed override control knob really fast it kills the machine giving a 416 x servo alarm.If you don't have the feed turned up it runs fine.The rapid and the feed are in the same knob.I have no separate control for the rapid.So i have 2 problems.

Ran good all day no alarms

Need help. I need fanuc OT parameter list for SMG Strands S-5 turning center machine. No body is having similar machine in our city hence not able to run machine. Lost parameter list due to dry battery. Is there anyone can help me. Regards