585,927 active members*
4,097 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Suke Laser 1280 on the way

Howdy
    I have ordered a laser from Alice at Sukelaser. To date she has been most helpfull. I actually started looking for a laser a couple of years ago, and have been talking to her ever since off and on.

Give her a call and tell her boston pete sent you.
    i dont get any commision............lol

The machine im getting is an SK1280, 80 watt, with rotary attachment, motorized platform, chiller (cw3000), red dot and auto focus.

Im in boston mass, I ordered it sept 28, right now its on the way to panama canal, with expected arrival date in boston of oct 28th.

It really is on "a slow boat from china"

I will keep you all posted on the setting up process and any issues i have.

The only small issue so far was not knowing the original shipper from china could act as an import agent here in the us as well. I talked to a couple of other shipper/importers but after finding out i could use the original shipper things went smoother

If you have any questions feel free to give me a shout.

So far so good...................pete
    "press any key to continue....any other key to quit"

Ordered Sept 28th and it'll be in port Oct 28th. That's actually not half bad.

update ....
    im sure no one cares but me where the ship carrying my laser is but....
    i came accross this site that tracks ships live, if you play around its pretty interesting.

right now its in the panama canal, next stop new york.

After clicking the link below, hit your screen refresh button a couple of times and it will enlarge the map.

Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions

My shipping company notifed me that customs has my shipment on a VACIS hold. This is one of the ways to inspect the shipment, i think by xray. Im not sure if there going to take my package out of the large shipping container or xray the whole container its in, i thnk its the whole container at once from what im reading.

Depending on how fast the process goes, it could dealy the delivery by a few hours, days, weeks, and will cost a few hundred dollars.

Im ok with the inspection, but i have the urge to fly to panama to help them.............pete

HELLO , I AM FROM ROMANIA AND I WANT TO SAY TO ALL "DON`T MAKE BUSINESS WITH LITOGRAFA BECAUSE YOU WILL LOSE YOU MONEY LIKE I DO" , IN FEBUARY 2010 I PAY HIM BY BANK ACCOUNT 3900 EURO AND UNTIL TODAY I DON`T RECEVE NOTHING , I WANT TO BUY "LITOGRAV PRO" I TALK WITH HIM AND AFTER I PAY HIM HE DON`T ANSWER MAIL OR PHONE .
    BE CAREFOUL WITH THIS LIER !!!
    DON`T TRUST HIM !!!

Quote Originally Posted by busola View Post
    HELLO , I AM FROM ROMANIA AND I WANT TO SAY TO ALL "DON`T MAKE BUSINESS WITH LITOGRAFA !
    Not sure why you posted this, i think you have the wrong thread, my machine is coming from suklaser

I hope this is not a double post my puter crashed in the middle of updating and i dont see the update i posted a little while ago .....

im sure no one cares but me where the ship carrying my laser is but....
    i came accross this site that tracks ships live, if you play around its pretty interesting.

right now its in the panama canal, next stop new york.

After clicking the link below, hit your screen refresh button a couple of times and it will enlarge the map.

Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions

My shipping company notifed me that customs has my shipment on a VACIS hold. This is one of the ways to inspect the shipment, i think by xray. Im not sure if there going to take my package out of the large shipping container or xray the whole container its in, i thnk its the whole container at once from what im reading.

Depending on how fast the process goes, it could dealy the delivery by a few hours, days, weeks, and will cost a few hundred dollars.

Im ok with the inspection, but i have the urge to fly to panama to help them.............pete

Hi pete
    When I was waiting for my Sk1280, I was a vessel tracking addict too. The next step is to consult the world weathermap to be sure the machine won't be shaked too much...

Just to warn you, the CW3000 isn't adequate for 80w. the 3000 is a radiator with a fan. the CW5000 is the first one in the series to actually be a chiller. I have the 5000, and if I do back to back large engravings by the 2nd engraving I have to watch the temps. Now if I give it about a 5min pause between engravings it's fine, it just has to cool down the water a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bpoulin View Post
    Just to warn you, the CW3000 isn't adequate for 80w. the 3000 is a radiator with a fan. the CW5000 is the first one in the series to actually be a chiller. I have the 5000, and if I do back to back large engravings by the 2nd engraving I have to watch the temps. Now if I give it about a 5min pause between engravings it's fine, it just has to cool down the water a bit.
    thanks for the info, ill keep an eye on it to see if i have the same results with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Ben View Post
    Hi pete
    When I was waiting for my Sk1280, I was a vessel tracking addict too. The next step is to consult the world weathermap to be sure the machine won't be shaked too much...
    nooooooo.....dont even say that, last night i watched a rouge wave episode on the history channel, thanks to you now all i see is.

Its out of range now, so I lost track of the position, its supposed to be in NY tomorrow, i thought id pick it up again by now. Now sure what path it takes from panama, oh well.......

i think i should be nice to you, im gonna have tons of questions setting up my 1280.

Consider yourself on my christmas list.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails disaster2007_Ital_Florida7.gif  

quick update - waiting for custom inspection

Well the laser arrived thursday night in NY, now im waiting for custom to inspect it.
    Accourding to the shipping terminal web site, looks like i have 4 days of free storage. If the inspections takes longer to do then 4 days , i get charge a daily rate of 119.00 give or take.

Any one get inspected lately in NY, how long did it take for you.

Hopfully customs has nothing to do except look at my toy.........pete

Quote Originally Posted by pete00 View Post
    Well the laser arrived thursday night in NY, now im waiting for custom to inspect it.
    Accourding to the shipping terminal web site, looks like i have 4 days of free storage. If the inspections takes longer to do then 4 days , i get charge a daily rate of 119.00 give or take.

Any one get inspected lately in NY, how long did it take for you.

Hopfully customs has nothing to do except look at my toy.........pete
    Just bring a good wine bottle for custom officers and some money in cash to get discount on storage fees. Wait you don't live in south France ? Forget it...

Mine took a week in customs, but also mine was set up different, I had 4 days of free storage at the final warehouse, that is the one I picked my machine up at.

I think you will have 4 days after the shipment is released by customs for pick up at final destination.

I had to wait 3 weeks for the trucking company to arrange a shipping date convenient for them from NY to Ohio after it was released by customs in NY.

The customs xray in NY for my shipment was under a hundred dollars.

custom update now on to CET exam

Well dont i feel special. After the xray they decided to upgrade to a CET exam. This means there going to open the box and look inside.

I can hardly wait to get the bill for this as well.

Some where in my travels i read. If this is the first time importing, or paperwork is late or missing you most likley will get inspected, im proud to say, this is my first timie and paperwork was late.......:drowning:

still waiting for customs

I have a web site for the new york terminal so i can track the whole container's progress or lack of, still waiting for the visual inspection on the container.

Its been in the yard for 15 days now 4 days were free

The storage charges seem to be building on the container itself not sure how the shipping company charges each customer that has goods inside the container. Storage charge so far on the whole container $1316.00, still dont know all the other charges (inspections, duty etc....etc)

i need a drink.....

Dear Peter:
    This is Alice from Jinan Suke Laser,thanks for your post here! It takes really a long time
    to get the machine from customs,and charges is also high! Anyway hope you get the machine soon and run it well,then you can show to more customers in the United States.
    If you need any technician help, pls feel free to contact me!
    Alice
    [email protected]
    Jinan Suke Science & Technology Co.,LTD

at least the container is moving..sort of

At this point ill take any movement of the container as good news, even if it cost me more money.

Looks like it's moving to the inspection area, dont know how long the inspection will take but its moving

Storeage fees for whole container up to almost 3 grand, wish i know how the shipper was going to distribute the charges among all the folks that have equipment in the container.............any one know?

Hopefully each person pays there share by weight or volume.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails custom.jpg  

YAHOOO..............!!!!! out of customs

finally out of NY custom and shipping process to boston by boat, then to me has started.......

I planned on 600 to 900 for importing and shipping (with tail gate) to my house, I was close.

Final bill is 1187, here is a break down. Import and customs 548, extra import charge 364 (inspections, storage, handling etc), shipping 275.
    Shipper said there were 50 other customers that had product in the container.

Storage bill was around 3900 for whole container.
    Glad to see they know how to split the bill up between customers, they go by the total volume of product you have.

There still is a small issues in the paper work about an seeing an original bill of lading before releasing it to me. But shipper thinks we just need to modify paperwork to show payment has been made. Not sure I understand the whole thing but it sounds like its under control.

I may get the laser next week, or week after because of the holiday and short work week.

Ill let you know how that goes, then tell what changes I would make in the whole process when I do this again, it might help someone…………pete

this is way to much stress

Laser Arrived ............

Monday night i got a call from the trucking company saying my laser was on a tractor trailer and he wanted to set a delivery time.

Even though i told everybody and there brother a million times. I said, looks like you didn't get the right information. Your delivering to my house not a business, and i need a lift gate big enough for the crate to be lowered to the ground. He said oh......... ill get back to you.

He never got back to me but Tuesday night around 4pm a truck showed up at my house with the laser. I had i feeling no one would call and they would just show up so I took the afternoon off, its a good thing. Didn't have a master plan if they showed up on a different day.

Getting it off the truck was a bit interesting, it was almost too big for the lift gate. I had my doubts for a second that it was going to lowered without falling off..........

Next step
    getting it in my garage (gotta go up one step) and unpacking................its a BIGGGGGG box 6'x5'x5'

oops forgot to add
    This is a quiz......how to you get a 5 foot wide box like this into a 3 foot door.
    The first person to correctly guess wins an all expense paid vacation to Massachusetts to help pick up this thing and put it inside.......

pete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails smlaser.jpg   sm1.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12